Home

HOW EA CAN FIX PROGRESSION

This is a discussion on HOW EA CAN FIX PROGRESSION within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: HOW EA CAN FIX PROGRESSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherFan
They should make it so lower rated players progress more if they are lower ranked overall

< 70 overall you should improve by 7-10
70 - 80 overall should improve by 5-7
80 - 90 overall should improve by 3-5
>90 should only improve 1-3

Maybe tweak it a little but some sort of scale like that
Something like this.

At the very least, the lower players, if they put up solid stats, should be able to progress at a higher clip. I wouldn't mind a player in the 60s make a 10 point jump if he has solid stats....... this will keep the non-producing backups at bay while still enabling mid-majors to have reasonably competitive squads against the FCS East squads. At least this way the mid-majors will have some respectable starters, but they'd suffer a huge dropoff if their solid starter is injured, which is quite realistic.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 07-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

A thought I had, and I'm not sure if this already exists internally that we can't see in game or not, was to have a progression rating similar to how other stats are rated. But say that each recruit has a progression rating that affects how quickly or slowly their ratings increase. As an example, make it A, B ,C, D, and E with C being the baseline progression, A being a higher, and E being very little progression. C could be what it is currently about 10-12 points over 4 years. Make A something higher like 20-22 and E maybe only 4 or 5. B and D follow suit. In reality, it would be on a scale like all other ratings and not quite as rigid.

Then, in each class a certain percent of recruits would be A's, B's, C's and so on. Maybe like 5% of all recruits will be A's or 5% E's, 20% B's and 20% D's, and 50% C's. Now there are only maybe 20-40 5* players, maybe around 240 or so 4* players, and thousands of 3* and less. So in each class it should average out to maybe only 1 or 2 5* players with an A progression rating, meaning there won't be an over abundance of "elite" players when they fully progress. However, because there are more lower ranked recruits, there will be more lower ranked players with A and B ratings, which means they will progress more and in effect become better players.

Also, because of the ranges of overalls you can have with each * ranking, you set up greater possibilities of that 3* or 4* player ending up a superstar player, or a 5* being a complete dud. And lower tier teams that recruit mostly 3* or less players can still improve as more of those players will progress to a better player.

Obviously they probably couldn't do something like that in this years game, but maybe for the future. I don't know, just a random idea that popped in my head.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #11
Rookie

yoda43's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree that progression could use some tweaking, although i think it has more to do with player ratings. +3 - +6 is perfectly fine with me....but if a 4* player comes in with 40 awareness he can get 6 better every year for 4 years and still only have 64 awareness. Now thats fine if he can make up for it with athletic ability, b/c thats probably realistic...b/c there are some players whose great athletic ability makes them great, but who arent necissarily the smartest players...and vice versa. But when you start combining 40 awareness with 31 juking, or 50 tackling or 82 speed then you are in real trouble. And this is where the main problem lies with regards to recruiting. One thing they could do is bring back the spring drills, and add inseason drills so that we actually have some level of control with regards to training our players. But since they havent done that since the ps2 days i highly doubt we will see that any time soon. Its hard to imagine that ea has become more concerned with MASCOT MATCHUP, TEAMBUILDER and CUSTOM STADIUM SOUNDS than core gameplay features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #12
Rookie

yoda43's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi
A thought I had, and I'm not sure if this already exists internally that we can't see in game or not, was to have a progression rating similar to how other stats are rated. But say that each recruit has a progression rating that affects how quickly or slowly their ratings increase. As an example, make it A, B ,C, D, and E with C being the baseline progression, A being a higher, and E being very little progression. C could be what it is currently about 10-12 points over 4 years. Make A something higher like 20-22 and E maybe only 4 or 5. B and D follow suit. In reality, it would be on a scale like all other ratings and not quite as rigid.

Then, in each class a certain percent of recruits would be A's, B's, C's and so on. Maybe like 5% of all recruits will be A's or 5% E's, 20% B's and 20% D's, and 50% C's. Now there are only maybe 20-40 5* players, maybe around 240 or so 4* players, and thousands of 3* and less. So in each class it should average out to maybe only 1 or 2 5* players with an A progression rating, meaning there won't be an over abundance of "elite" players when they fully progress. However, because there are more lower ranked recruits, there will be more lower ranked players with A and B ratings, which means they will progress more and in effect become better players.

Also, because of the ranges of overalls you can have with each * ranking, you set up greater possibilities of that 3* or 4* player ending up a superstar player, or a 5* being a complete dud. And lower tier teams that recruit mostly 3* or less players can still improve as more of those players will progress to a better player.

Obviously they probably couldn't do something like that in this years game, but maybe for the future. I don't know, just a random idea that popped in my head.
right on brotha (clapping hands wildly) This needs to happen
Old 07-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

I know most people wouldn't want to edit all the players each off season, but I don't see what it would hurt having the option there for people who would.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 07-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #14
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

That is a crazy thought, editing that many players every year. I'm fine if that's an option, but it better not be EA's way of fixing the ratings/team management issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »