Home

Is user catching "cheese" anymore?

This is a discussion on Is user catching "cheese" anymore? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Is user catching "cheese" anymore?

I seem to recall in previous versions of the game (sorry NCAA 11 is the first I've played since NCAA 07) there was some discussion about how user catching, or more specifically "rocket catching" was somehow an exploit. Is this just a thing of the past or is there still a cheap way to get easy catches if you take control of the user? I'm compiling a "no cheese" list for my dynasty and this one occurred to me, but I see no discussion of it here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Is user catching "cheese" anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryofax
I seem to recall in previous versions of the game (sorry NCAA 11 is the first I've played since NCAA 07) there was some discussion about how user catching, or more specifically "rocket catching" was somehow an exploit. Is this just a thing of the past or is there still a cheap way to get easy catches if you take control of the user? I'm compiling a "no cheese" list for my dynasty and this one occurred to me, but I see no discussion of it here.
User catching should not be considered cheese. Sometimes, your CPU receiver just refuses to break correcrtly on a ball, or if a pass is tipped, they let it just fall.

Rocket Catching has meant so many different things I have no idea what it means anymore... but back in the day, it used to mean when you bomb a pass to a receiver, take control of that receiver, and then hold the sprint button to get to the ball... it was glitched where the WR would always run faster than the CB when you take control, and it'd usually result in a deep TD.

Maybe it means something else now-a-days... I don't know anymore
Old 07-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

No.

I've seen several passes drop right in front of a receiver's face and they never make an effort to catch it.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've always switiched to WR to make user catches, but I noticed sometimes, I can be wide open, and press Y as usual to catch the ball, and the WR still drops them. Not too often, but every once in a while.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCCO
I've always switiched to WR to make user catches, but I noticed sometimes, I can be wide open, and press Y as usual to catch the ball, and the WR still drops them. Not too often, but every once in a while.
You mean like what real college wide receivers do?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »