Home

Sorry I just have to vent...

This is a discussion on Sorry I just have to vent... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #17
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sorry I just have to vent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisasticup
Thats a lot like how Hawaii was when they had Colt. They got flack for not facing any "real" teams. And now USC and Florida are facing them when they suck.
Well they have much less of a case than Boise because of the sugar bowl, although I will say Georgia would have beaten almost anybody in the country that night.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #18
Rookie

barats's Arena

OVR: 2

Just played my first "game" ever online for any NCAA game. I'm Texas and he is Michigan. I win the toss and the 1st play, I hit a 75yd pass for a TD. Quickly up 7-0. He gets the ball and is putting together a good drive until he throws a pick deep in his territory that I saw coming the whole way. Then he proceeds to quit. I hate people like this. Is there a lot of quitters in the online PS3 community?
Old 08-01-2010, 12:10 AM   #19
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Sometimes it takes cheese to beat a cheeser. If he wont get out of Man coverage, run Corner Strikes all day, but hit the receiver on the slant rather than letting him run the whole route.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #20
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Sometimes it takes cheese to beat a cheeser. If he wont get out of Man coverage, run Corner Strikes all day, but hit the receiver on the slant rather than letting him run the whole route.
I just throw to my halfback in the flats most of the time. Consistent 4+ yards. Keep doing it until they run something else.

Thats actually a very interesting idea for the corner route (I see the theory), I'm going to try that in practice and see how well it works.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #21
Rookie

VUFTBL1's Arena

OVR: 5

Here's what I do:
1) I do NOT play Florida.. ever. I dont care what the persons record, dnf% is.
2) I will play Alabama, LSU and Ohio State on occasions where the other player's record is not "too" good (no more than 10 games over .500) and he has a low dnf%.

Mostly though if someone wants to be those teams I will simply leave the match before teams are selected. You can find plenty of teams to play that arent cheese teams (Miami, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Pitt, Arkansas, Georgia, Auburn, etc..) online.
Also, before the kickoff I usually send them a message saying I want to play a straight game. No glitching. No pooch kicking. And make them agree to a friendly quit if either person does any form of cheesing/glitching. Sometimes that doesnt even work but it does help in the overall scheme of things
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm having a terribly hard time trying to stop scrambling qbs that just roll out and hit a TE/WR on a cross. I try blitzing corners and covering the receiver manually but then all they have to do is mix in a middle run every 3-4 plays and they easily get 10 yards on that even if i do shut them down on the scramble the other 2 plays. Usually, if i just run a plain contain play, the QB instead of scrambling outside will just rush straight up the middle, its frustrating. Anyone got any tips for this?

Also, any tips to stop the counter play out of the Ace formation would be good too. I shut it down easy when I guess which way its being ran, but if I guess wrong, another play thats 10 yards a pop every time.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #23
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

LOL

Isn't this what lobby play is all about, finding ways to take advantage of holes in the cpu AI?

Sounds like his cheddar was stronger than yours...RIGHT oFf THE BAT 3 things he did were against the rules in the club im in... going on 4th down, motioning players for blocking purposes, and abusing screen plays..

This is why i dont play lobby games,either they only want to use the strongest teams with overrated players or they cheese..

sim dynasties only thanks
Old 08-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #24
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggilsworth21
Just a suggestion if your guys aren't covering his RB on the screen why didn't you take your guy andcover him? Not trying to be mean or anything but after the 2nd or 3rd time thats what I would have done
This. The guys who use the same play over and over again are the EASIEST to play against. Figure out how to stop it. If you can't, that is your fault, not his.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »