Home

Running the option

This is a discussion on Running the option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #57
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Running the option

Watch my new single back back video : http://www.youtube.com/user/Welcome2.../1/HFdwq7Nr_bU
Old 08-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #58
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

Really enjoyed these videos. Really shows how there is more to running an offense than picking a formation and a play.

I also love using Georgia too since I find they are good at most offenses in the game. Running backs are good enough to power rush. Receivers are good enough to run the spread. Line is good enough to block for anything. Aaron Murray has beasted for me in a few Play Now games.

And 91 on Purdue makes me sad
Old 08-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #59
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I cant really run the spread option very well. CPU always comes out in 4-3 with 6 guys in the box, linebackers are always waiting pre-snap at where I'm running, and it develops so slowly that the DL are off their blocks by the time I'm ready to burst through.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #60
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Been using Army since day 1, what a great offense if ran properly.

A few favorites out of the flexbone:

WB Dive
Midline QB Iso
Triple Option Counter
Trap Option
WB Misdirection
Old 08-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #61
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
Really enjoyed these videos. Really shows how there is more to running an offense than picking a formation and a play.

I also love using Georgia too since I find they are good at most offenses in the game. Running backs are good enough to power rush. Receivers are good enough to run the spread. Line is good enough to block for anything. Aaron Murray has beasted for me in a few Play Now games.

And 91 on Purdue makes me sad
Yeah it was my first time running NDs playbook with them and I think I threw 11 tds. Bit insane. Thats when I realized it was time ti fiddle with my sliders.

@blast
Spread them out first. Get them looking pass and then hit em with the read or the speed option. I find that helps soooo much

@jb12780

Yeah Armys, Navys, and GT's playbooks are all great. Trap option is a personal favorite of mine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #62
Rookie

TylerOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

<3 Flexbone. Only issue I have sometimes is throwing it out of there, some of those play actions and routes are kinda funky, lots of streaks and bunched in tight.

I'm gonna take a look at AF, Wake and Indiana when I get home and play around with that, but I want to find ONE playbook that I can know reallywell, for both offline/online play, and hopefully that's GT, since I like to emulate what I see on Saturdays.
Houston: Houston PB <3 AIR RAID!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #63
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

TEch is great but, for some reason, Navys works better. Odd considering they are the same isnt it?

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 08-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone have an answer for a cover 0 man blitz when running the normal flexbone formation. The routes versus Man to Man are horrible in that formation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »