Home

HOW, specifically, do you enjoy NCAA?

This is a discussion on HOW, specifically, do you enjoy NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29
Question HOW, specifically, do you enjoy NCAA?

hello.

i find myself bored, after awhile, with the recruiting - even though it has more depth now than in past years - but in a few "years" time, i no longer really recognize my team - it becomes a "fantasy" roster that is too mythical for me...

does anyone else get a bit bored by the "future" teams in career mode?

that said, what do you do to avoid this burnout? simply play another season with the default teams? play a ton online? or does online dynasty (which i admit i haven't tinkered much with) keep it fresh...

just looking for some thoughts about HOW you guys enjoy the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Re: HOW, specifically, do you enjoy NCAA?

I actually was just thinking about this. I am doing a dynasty with Michigan, and am in year four. I still have some of the guys that I started with, that are real guys. And I was wondering, once they're all gone, and all I have is recruits that the game has generated for me, will it still be fun, or weird, since all the players will be fictional.

I guess I can't answer your question yet, but I have wondered some of the same thoughts you are saying.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

I create recruits that I can "connect" with. I pick a couple guys that I really like and use them a lot. That always helps me out. It's a lot harder now that I'm a little older. I think the fact that I've played it for almost 10 years makes it a little more difficult, plus my imagination isn't where it used to be.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

The same thing happens when I play HC09. After a few seasons, your players come and go, and all that's left is a fantasy team with no emotional connection to reality.

The solution: Break things up. Play a few years of dynasty, try RTG, and by that time, Madden or NHL will be around to help with the blues.

Other than that, as a relative dynasty rookie, I'm really digging the mode, and pounding these forums for more info. Buying into the fun is easy when it's fresh. But after a while, since I don't play online, I'm sure things will get stale. But mid September sees NHL 11 hit the shelves, and my 360.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
Pro

goalie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
I create recruits that I can "connect" with. I pick a couple guys that I really like and use them a lot. That always helps me out. It's a lot harder now that I'm a little older. I think the fact that I've played it for almost 10 years makes it a little more difficult, plus my imagination isn't where it used to be.
i think that the team you like to play with matters alot, as well...

i LOVED recruiting like 5-6 year ago, when Rutgers (my team) was awful, so anytime i would get a good recruit it was a HUGE deal...

and when i cracked the top 25 for the first time - amazing... and the first bowl, so exciting...

now, Rutgers is a mid-pack team, and the recruiting seems to just disperse good players around to all the teams...

and to get back to my original post - it doesn't seem as fun because i am not really "rutgers" after that first season...

maybe i will play around with schedules, or try to play a different team that i have some familiarity with (Temple, Army, Syracuse) - but i still don't think the connection will be the same...

still just wondering what others do and/or think...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
I create recruits that I can "connect" with. I pick a couple guys that I really like and use them a lot. That always helps me out.
That's how I am. I always find some recruits that just stick out to me and I like to see how their career goes. Always been that way in every game I play.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-31-2010, 11:08 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 28

I agree. There are players that you recruit that become a part of your team. However, I usually only play single seasons with one team so I can try different teams in different conferences....
Old 07-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

All good points...

I played online dynasty so much in the past 2 years, with just my cousin and close friend, and I will never be able to play single player dynasty again. Online dynasty is GREAT when its 2 close friends, or sometimes 3, anymore then that IMO gets out of control. Plus, a good thing to do is Advance Week every night at 12 Midnight, games played or not. That's mainly how I enjoy it, but the thing with the new recruits kinda gets to weird for me. Which is why i prefer Madden, and importing draft classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »