Home

Am I the only one seeing this crazy comeback A.I.??

This is a discussion on Am I the only one seeing this crazy comeback A.I.?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Am I the only one seeing this crazy comeback A.I.??

I've seen the opposite. it seems easy to comeback against the AI if your behind.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #10
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
Tressel ball would never get the Buckeyes up 28, you probably can count the games he's won by that on one hand easily
Well the Buckeyes were up by 28 against Toledo last year. Actually it was 38-0 against the Rockets.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #11
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayishere
Maybe at some point you need to stop passing and start playing ball control, especially if you're up by 28.
This.

I'm not seeing any AI comeback ridiculousness, but I do like that the AI gets more desperate when trailing by a wide margin in the second half. That's how it should be. You just have to make smarter play calls to avoid collapsing in Michigan State-like fashion.

The last game I played, on AA, I was up 28-7 with Texas vs. UCLA. I made two bad decisions by trying to force passes into coverage that were picked and eventually led to TDs to close the gap. I held on to win 28-21.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

I totally see this, too. It's been an EA trademark for years. You can tell when it's happening when your WRs can't catch, your blockers can't block, your HBs can't hang onto the ball, your QB can't complete a pass to his own team, and the other team turns into superheros, breaking blocks, completing pass after pass, and becoming unstoppable.

When this happens, and I lose a 21 point lead in 3 minutes because of it, I have no problem lowering the difficulty to freshman and nerfing the sliders. It's not possible to kill the clock against a team that is in the backfield before the ball is with all its timeouts.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

it would be nice if ea actually made the cpu guess at what play you were running based on tendencies and personnel instead of just telling it what play you were doing and the perfect way to exploit it...
Old 08-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #14
Banned

Dax(FlowLyfe)'s Arena

OVR: 4

There has always been comback AI.

If its under 3 minutes left before halftime and CPU has the ball, It will be near impossible to stop them.

Under 3 minutes in the 4th, you better hope its not a close game, again near impossible.

At least this year, Once they get inside the 20 you can get stops which makes me happy.

I was recently up 4 points on Boise with 40 seconds left and they drove down the field in unstoppable fashion. I played my D to stop them at the 4 yard line on 4th down and won the game with a knee.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

First off, Heisman is not a realistic setting so you have to realize you are playing on a setting where it is advertised that the CPU basically cheats. That's the challenge of Heisman, beating the CPU when it can read your mind and uses arcade-like AI.

Secondly, I play on All-American and also see a lot of this.

Especially on the road, if I make a go ahead score, the opposing teams turns into a bunch of juggernauts and marches down the field to even it up.

For me, it's not so much "catch-up logic" as it is "the CPU has to cancel out what I just did to make the game even again". It's annoying but it hasn't cost me any games I should have definitely won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

yeah, I've had this happen to me quite often. I was using OU and playing Air Force. End of the first quarter, I was up 28-0. By the 4th quarter I was only up 35-24 or so, and they were shutting me down completely.

I keep the HFA turned off now b/c I want all players to play up to their maximum potential and not get stupid penalties or fumble at bad times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »