Home

anyone else hate the icing the kicker feature

This is a discussion on anyone else hate the icing the kicker feature within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #17
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: anyone else hate the icing the kicker feature

Eh, if you don't like it, turn it off. At least celebrate the fact that you have the option. Some of the things EA just adds and doesn't give you any choice over the matter.

That said, I've only had it happen to me once. The real annoying part of it was that the CPU had three timeouts left, and was able to use all three, so I had to go through the animation four times. That pissed me off more than anything. In the NFL this is a penalty, is it not in NCAA?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I've never seen any animation and the CPU has def. called timeouts before my kicks before. Is this something that is off by default?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #19
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

No, I just mean the animation of getting the field goal all set up and ready.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobaby
Boy, some people just can't be happy. We all complain how they need to add this and that, make this difficult, and especially "change the kicking game...its too easy. wah wah"

We get a pretty cool feature to pressurize intense late-game field goals that actually make it HARDER to convert than regular field goals...and people don't like it.

Why wouldn't you like this? It gives you a difficult view, the meter is jacked up, and it really adds pressure and difficulty to the final kick. Are you telling me you want the NC game to come down to an easy 2 flicks of the right stick and you win?

I'd rather be iced with this feature to make it more important/special.
thats everything you took from what i said? i dont want one instance of harder field goals, make them all harder. not some unrealistic extra cheesy feature.
the difficult view isnt a bonus, id rather have an old school tougher meter than not really being able to see where im kicking. im not trying to be argumentative, but i'll turn that next to last comment right around on you. the kicks are easy all game, you'd be fine with your opponent missing a kick simply because you called a timeout? you knock in a 50 yarder with 4 minutes left to take the lead with no on screen effect and thats okay? and in a national title scenario im playing with sliders and all the kicks are equally difficult. i'll repeat my same point, in real life you dont know if there will be any effect, in the game you do, that makes it unrealistic and cheap.

WatsonTiger, how is it accurate?
Naptown i appreciate an if you dont like it then dont use it comment as much as anyone else, but i just wanted to get my point across and see how many agreed or didnt. im not up on that rule, that may be just a nfl thing.

ODogg you referring to the changed angle?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #21
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

Yeah, it's no sweat. I wasn't ripping you or anything. Just happy to have the option, myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #22
MVP

me too, youre right it could be worse for those of us who dont like it.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #23
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Liking it here. Icing the kicker in big games is awesome, when i get iced, i can really feel the pressure of making a big kick.

Good feature.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
thats everything you took from what i said? i dont want one instance of harder field goals, make them all harder. not some unrealistic extra cheesy feature.
the difficult view isnt a bonus, id rather have an old school tougher meter than not really being able to see where im kicking. im not trying to be argumentative, but i'll turn that next to last comment right around on you. the kicks are easy all game, you'd be fine with your opponent missing a kick simply because you called a timeout? you knock in a 50 yarder with 4 minutes left to take the lead with no on screen effect and thats okay? and in a national title scenario im playing with sliders and all the kicks are equally difficult. i'll repeat my same point, in real life you dont know if there will be any effect, in the game you do, that makes it unrealistic and cheap.

WatsonTiger, how is it accurate?
Naptown i appreciate an if you dont like it then dont use it comment as much as anyone else, but i just wanted to get my point across and see how many agreed or didnt. im not up on that rule, that may be just a nfl thing.

ODogg you referring to the changed angle?
Don't get your feelings hurt my dude. But to compare a last second game winner to a regular field goal would be wrong. I like how they make it pressure packed on the last kick instead of none at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »