Home

Now that the game has been out a while... Your thoughts?

This is a discussion on Now that the game has been out a while... Your thoughts? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Now that the game has been out a while... Your thoughts?

I'd like to know how the game really is... Fanboys and newbs sit this one out... Operation Sports veterans, and other people who have a good feel for this game, speak to me about this year's game!

Thing is, I have very little time to sort through pages of impressions... Most of which aren't very useful anyways...

I'm not looking for an in depth review, just the things that stick out... Both good and bad, in a brief overview... Perhaps a few sentences about each point...

Mods please keep this open!
I'm guessing I'm not the only one who would like to hear this.

I've played the demo and it's the first football game that feels "next gen" to me. It reminds me of when I first played FIFA 09, a game which eventually proved to have it's share of issues...

And yes, I realize patch #2 is due out sometime... But I'd like to get some impressions regardless, from those who have spent a good deal of time with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Now that the game has been out a while... Your thoughts?

It was great to me when it was first released and its still great now. Just waiting for the dynasty fixes and I'll be even happier with the product. (Well once my cousin actually starts playing his dynasty games more often ). Still loving the blocking espcially and actually being able to run a read option. Also game looks amazing to me still.

Last edited by TracerBullet; 08-03-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

I'll preface by telling you that I am a CFB Fanatic and have played every EA NCAA CFB game to date. I switched back to PS this year after spending this entire generation on the 360 in a last ditch effort to rekindle my love for the game which was slowly dying a painful death. The switch didn't have anything to do with my renewed hope for this game and this series.

While there are still a few things that need to be patched/tuned/worked on...etc, I have to admit this is easily the best Next Gen NCAA I have played and potentially the best of all time.

There are still some things I would like to see make it back into the game like customizable playbooks & dreads (Shoutout to ODogg) and there are still some things I think need to be improved or added like Special Teams play and a coaching carousel.

That said don't let all the negative Nancys sway you. This is a very solid title and if you can afford to get it, my bet would be you will be able to get your $60 worth out of it.

Hope that helps.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 08-03-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

I still think it's by FAR the best (only only good) 360/PS3 EA football title and like you said the only one that really feels "Next-Gen".

I have been playing a Miami offline dynasty since the OS community named rosters were finished and have just recently started to slow down due to the lack of competitive teams other than my own. While the game is still very fun to play the last 2 seasons (years 5 and 6) have seen my Miami Hurricanes as the only A- or better team, with seemingly every other team having a C+ or worse in either Offense or Defense. If it weren't for that one issue I would definitely still be going strong but as of now I'm waiting for the Tuner/Patch to hopefully resolve the problem so I can get going again.

On the field alone the game is AWESOME with the right sliders and IMO has FINALLY reached and even surpassed the PS2/XBOX versions in the gameplay department.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 08-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #5
Rookie

amboyboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Very happen with the game... kinda. The gameplay is the best I've ever played... and I've been playing NCAA Football every year since Bill Walsh Football 94 and Madden from the SNES days.

The running game feels fresh and new... A huge feat after all these years. Games play real to life for the most part, and each team really has an identity.

My huge issue is that I play these games mainly for the dynasty mode. And as you read, the dynasty mode is broken in this game. Without that, the game gets stale fast. Keep in mind, I loathe playing online.

For me personally, I will keep on buying games from EA. I love football too much. But I'll be sure to wait a few months after the release. No use buying a game I don't/can't play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Here are my major points about the game.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

If you want a fun game of football that "feels" right, then, you can not go wrong purchasing NCAA 11.

The locomotion system and dual stick running controls really make a huge difference in the gameplay.

Probably the biggest issues I have are player switching on Defense (too many times you get switched to a player nowhere near the ball), Blockers not even trying to perform their assingments on occasion, Defenders in coverage running around in a circle when a receiver makes even the slightest cut (happens just enough to get frustrating), and the ball marker on the field being very hard and sometimes even impossible to see when the ball is in the air. I do play on Heisman though, so, that may contribute to some of these issues.

Even with the above, it is still fast becomming one of my most favorite games of all time. It is just that much fun to play.

If you are going to get it, I would recommend waiting until patch 2 comes out, however, since it is supposed to fix the dynasty issues and some other issues in the gameplay.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #8
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Thanks for the replies.

Sounds like it's definitely worth checking out.

Like I say... The demo had me thinking that next gen football may finally be here... More or less.

Please chime in if you haven't done so already. The more impressions the better.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »