Home

I know I'm glad EA missed this..

This is a discussion on I know I'm glad EA missed this.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I know I'm glad EA missed this..

I agree, the simpler the better. Nothing says "simple" or "team-oriented" better than blue with no name, no helmet stickers, no piping, no BS:

And for the Wisconsin fan that liked showing up the UM and MSU guys, here ya go :
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #42
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
I'll stick with these, thank you very much.

In our worst season, even still......

Yes, I agree, the plain look does work....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #43
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUCharmas
I agree, the simpler the better. Nothing says "simple" or "team-oriented" better than blue with no name, no helmet stickers, no piping, no BS:

And for the Wisconsin fan that liked showing up the UM and MSU guys, here ya go :
Fight On State. Those will never change.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm loving all the Michigan/MSU hatred in a thread about jerseys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
Oh I agree money talks but look at Oregon.. they have wicked jerseys and like.. a dozen of them lol. Oregon State did ok... Miami and all the pro combat jerseys are awesome. but this misses so hard.

btw... just saw my bombers in calgary last weekend. tough times. tough times. lol
Yeah it was a tough loss last weekend. I went a little crazy in the CFL thread, lol. I had no idea you were a Bomber fan though.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #45
Say whaaa?

13's Arena

OVR: 9

Oh, Penn State's jerseys, how I love them so.

Retired U.S.A.F.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #46
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeHorse
Oh, Penn State's jerseys, how I love them so.
FYI, your username made me laugh a little.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #47
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
FYI, your username made me laugh a little.
Same here lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
No it was close due to MSU's pathetic pass defense showing it's true colors late in the 2nd half when Michigan finally started passing when they had to. Quite frankly if they would started to throw the ball more often earlier instead of trying to run it against MSU, I doubt MSU would have had the lead they did. You realize MSU had quite possibly the worst pass defense in the Big Ten last year, they were even worse than Michigan statistical.

MSU much better based on what? MSU's weakness last year was pass defense, they may be a little better in that regard, but signficantly better considering the same players are returning in the secondary. On offense other than RB I don't see a huge amount of growth potential, alot of upperclassmen with less room for growth on that side of the ball.

Michigan much worse based on what? Being a extremely young team last year that has plenty of potential for growth this year. An offense that is expected to be good/ improved and put up more points along with 2 good options at QB. A defense that at the very least can't be any worse, and has a good bit of room for growth. A turnover margin that has the potential to be better this season. No expert/analyst in their right mind would say Michigan will be much worse or has said that for that matter.

Man, how confident MSU fans become after 2 wins over UM and a 6-7 season. 3 td margin, that is just laughable. Like I said you guys crack me up. All the sweeter when UM puts MSU back in it's place starting this year.

Our secondary got lazy at the end of the game and our d coordintor was rushing 4 and putting 7 in soft zone coverage every play so Forcier had all day to scramble and throw. Those were mental errors on behalf of both the players and coaches. There is now arguing MSU completely dominated physically untill that point though.

You don't have to tell me the secondary was terrible. It was mostly due to inexperience at the safety spot and scheme. This year we will return both starting safeties a NFL caliber corner in C.L. Rucker and a RS Soph in Johnny Adams who prob would have started last year but had to red shirt due to a should injury coupled with a death of a close family member. The secondary can only get better. We have the best LB corps in the BT and prob top 5 in the country. We are set at the DT position for the next 3 years with Freshman AA Jerel Worthy who will only get better. Blake Treadwell will most likely start the next 3 years as well and we have quality depth at those positions. DE is the biggest question mark on D. Tyler Hoover and Colin Neely will start and I expect William Ghoslton to contribute here when he's not at LB. Upgrade from last year.

UM loses it's 3 best players off a already terrible defense, I don't see what would lead anybody to think they will be improved. Roh and Martin will be the bright spots for the future and Ezeh will be the leading tackler. The secondary will be a bunch of young unproven guys and a walk on. Downgrade from last year.

MSU loses Blair White and 2 starting O lineman. Kirk Cousin is one of the top QBs in the BT and he will continue to get better now that the job is his. Larry Caper and Edwin Baker will split carries after promising Fr years from both, the rushing attack will be much better this year. The left side of the O line will be solid anchored by future NFL lineman Joel Foreman. The right side is the biggest question on offense. Our TE group is one of the best in the BT with 4 guys that would start on most BT teams. WR is also a position of strength even with the loss of White. Dell has been plagued by injuries his whole career but has still managed to put up decent numbers, I expect a breakout sr year from him barring injury. BJ Cunningham is a possesion reciever with great hands that runs great routes. Keshawn Martin is the most dangerous man on the offense, if he can improve his hands he will turn into an all big ten caliber reciever to go along with being the BTs best return man. Upgrade

UMs offense will prob need to score about 50 points a game this year if they want to go bowling. QB is a big question mark. Forcier was being hyped up as the saviour of UM football after the first 4 games, then promptly fell apart as the BT season went on. Robinson is the favorite to win the starting spot after spring ball, I don't see him as being the answer for UM at QB. Sure he is dangerous with the ball in the open field but his passing skills are well below average and he showed little poise in limited time last year. I expect Gardner to be starting by mid season once RR starts feeling the pressure to win or lose his job. He is a promising young player and fits RR's offense perfectly, too bad this will be RR'slast year in AA. Theyy lose their best WR in Mathews, but like MSU have plenty of guys to fill in (Stonum, Roundtree, Hemmingway, Scrodums) this will be arguably the strongest position on the team. OL should be decent with Molk returning at center, to be honest not sure what the rest looks like. They have a bunch of interchangeable scat backs at rb and I can't tell the difference, but they should do well. Heard Shaw won't qualify academically though. Upgrade if they can find a QB.

These are my reasons to expect a bloodbath.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »