Home

The Mass Sub issue that has plagued NCAA for a decade.

This is a discussion on The Mass Sub issue that has plagued NCAA for a decade. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #17
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The Mass Sub issue that has plagued NCAA for a decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliehr
While I would like to see them expand, there are only 70 players allowed to travel to most games.

Maybe have an 85 man roster then have 70 on the depth chart that travel?
The problem is that we have 70 man rosters, but still have the ability to redshirt.

That means most teams really are down to 60-65 players during the season including redshirts and injuries. Factor in the inept CPU recruiting logic where they stockpile at one position such as 8 QB's, 15 WR's, etc. and you're left with an effective NFL-size roster for most CPU controlled teams.

The solution is honestly ALL of the things mentioned in this thread.

- Add more roster spots because 70 is not enough
- Add more depth chart spots to every skill position
- Add more recruits to the prospect pool (2 and 3 star recruits, not lowly 1 star recruits)
- Larger recruiting board and more scholarships

That's a rather large undertaking and hopefully one of these years the NCAA team places value on improving the foundation of dynasty mode. Adding any one of the above changes to the game would be pointless without adding them all.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 13

I can't trust EA with a roster of 105 athletes. Can you imagine how screwed up those rosters would be.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #19
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I'm okay with just having a travel squad (7) as my max roster. If they can add more, fine. But it's no biggie to me if they don't.

After dealing with 55 man rosters back in the day, I am thankful for what we have.
I feel the same way, I've always wondered how I got by with 55 players now. I can live with 85, but I personally don't think we need to go to 105, especially with the current recruiting model (which I like).
Old 08-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #20
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

My hunch is that this would require a code rewrite that would take up the whole cycle of development time by itself. Anytime something that is fundamentally flawed remains untouched for years and years and years, it tells me that its a 9, 10, 11 month job to fix.

If not, then I'm at a total loss as to why this remains unchanged.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:39 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
No, there wouldn't be.

You just add more slots.

Doesn't matter if there are 40 guys, or 85 guys.

In the game right now, there are empty slots on depth charts. If you don't have a ton of WRs...then you simply have empty slots in the lower spots. Just like there are right now.

You don't have to fill every depth chart slot. As I said, in the game right now, many depth charts have empty slots in the 3rd or 4th slot, for example.

It's not that complicated.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you, to a point. Only adding more depth chart slots won't fix the problem. Something more will have to be done. Either they would have to increase the roster size or fix the logic (though the best-case scenario, in my opinion, would be to do both).

If they simply added more slots, then the problem won't go away. For instance, if they gave 4 more WR slots, but they aren't filled; then, when the game gets to the point where a #7+ WR is needed, it's going to use the current logic/scheme to fill that slot. You get the same problem with only the OPTION to attempt to correct it on user controlled teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 04:33 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

I doubt this will make it into the game.

Why? Look at Ian's reasons for changing Madden. What do USERS use? I doubt many people even know there is mass subs in this game.....

Until EA makes games customizable for the niche consumer the bugs will continue to exist and faux realism will reign.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #23
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you, to a point. Only adding more depth chart slots won't fix the problem. Something more will have to be done. Either they would have to increase the roster size or fix the logic (though the best-case scenario, in my opinion, would be to do both).

If they simply added more slots, then the problem won't go away. For instance, if they gave 4 more WR slots, but they aren't filled; then, when the game gets to the point where a #7+ WR is needed, it's going to use the current logic/scheme to fill that slot. You get the same problem with only the OPTION to attempt to correct it on user controlled teams.
The simple fix is still just give us more depth chart slots. That way people can at least put their TE in the 7th WR slot if you don't have that many WRs. I think that would be easier to fix than fine-tuning logic that has been broken forever. I'm no programmer though so I could be way off.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #24
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
You mean you don't like having your Punter play guard? Who wouldn't want this guy pulling for your power running team?

Hahaha. I had the same thing happen to me back in Madden 08 (PS2) when the Colts played Adam Vinatieri at RG. Whiffer!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colts5.jpg (166.7 KB, 51 views)

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »