Home

So what recruiting gems have you come across on?

This is a discussion on So what recruiting gems have you come across on? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So what recruiting gems have you come across on?

2nd year of my Boston College dynasty I recruited arguably the most dominating player I've personally ever got in NCAA.

Came in as a four star FS prospect. 6'3" 210 lbs. Letter grades were something like:

A+ Speed, B+ Agi, ACC, A+ Tackle, A Hit Power, D- Zone, C+ Man, D- Catch

His ratings? 96 Speed, 88 ACC, 88 Agi, 95 Tackle, 90 Hit Power, 52 Zone, 79 Man, something like 58 catch or something.

I control the FS on defense so I just fly around the field demolishing running backs and WR's coming over the middle. Although his zone coverage is low it doesn't matter because I control him. He drops a lot of interceptions but he's so fast he breaks them up anyways. 77 as a freshman I started him over a senior that was an 85 just because he's so ridiculous.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #34
Rookie

Onslaught76's Arena

OVR: 0

A 6'7'' Safety?! Holy Crap!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #35
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

I was using a TB before the new tuner/patches and had recruited a beast of a QB. 3*, 6-7 225. Only reason I went for him was he was a giant, he didn't fit my style of QB, but I could live with it because of the height. He was a scrambler and I use the pro style offenses. His passer ratings were in the C/C+ range, but his running ratings were all B/B+ or better. I doubt I'll get to use him as I will be restarting that dynasty because of the latest tuners/patches.

Hopefully I can get through a season and use some of my recruits I get in one of these dynastys I start.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf86
I doubt I'll get to use him as I will be restarting that dynasty because of the latest tuners/patches.

Hopefully I can get through a season and use some of my recruits I get in one of these dynastys I start.
Why? You don't have to restart your dynasty.....the patch didn't affect anything with the recruiting/progression. Did you get the Live Tuner Update last week when it came out?
Old 08-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #37
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I got a 4 star QB who is a freak. 82 OVR as a QB, but also 82 OVR as a WR. If I didn't need him to start as a true frosh at QB, I would have seriously considered switching him to WR.

Some of his measurables:

6-3 217

90 speed

88 acceleration

95 agility

89 Throw power

82 Throw Accuracy

81 break tackle

97 elusiveness

89 spin move

88 juke

77 catch

79 route running

88 jump

I got him in the off-season too, when I wasn't even thinking about getting another QB. In the regular season I had just signed a SO. Juco who was going to be my starter(He's a 76), but when I saw that I was number one on the Frosh's list I had to go after him.

I though I would lose him, because I have 4 other QB's(the others are rated in the low 70's) but he rightly "figured" that he would start from day one and signed up.
DAMN, dude is a monster.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #38
Rookie

vaeath's Arena

OVR: 2

i recruited a 5* HB

A+ Speed
A+ Agility
A+ Acceleration

i never got to play with him because i accidently deleted my dynasty

fml
Old 08-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #39
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

I got a 3* MLB "Hot" Carl White pre tuner- He's only a 61 OVL but he is an 84 in SPD and 80 in ACC plus he is a 75 TAK. He led the nation in Solo tackles as a freshman in year 2 of my SJSU dynasty with 66. He's all over the place he makes plays. As a FR he was my defensive leader I hope post patch and tuner he progresses a lot this year. In the same recruiting class I got an OLB Matt Freeman who is a 63 OVL and the same speed and ACC as White. He's a better tackler If Hot Carl doesnt make the play Freeman does. Both these guys helped my San Jose State team go 11-2 this year. (i did have an easy schedule, next year im toughing up the schedule. hey i had to build confidence with the players)
Old 08-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #40
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

I just recruited a 4-Star Scrambler QB out of Cali in my Utah dynasty. He's 6'5 and has B+ speed, hopefully he can be the next Jordan Wynn

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »