Home

I just can't.....

This is a discussion on I just can't..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon14 I just can't.....

spending $60 dollars on Madden this year. I played the demo for the last time tonight and made up my mind. The strategy pad really throws the game downward in my opinion. An really I can't tell much change in from this year's to last. An after reading many of other members posts. They feel the same as I do. I just hope I made a right move keep NCAA and passing Madden up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I just can't.....

Even though this is the wrong board, I totally agree. They're having a tourny at wal-mart I could def win, but I'm not going to waste 4 hours on a game I don't even want. I barely played 10, it just seemed flat to me. 11 seems like the same old song and dance with a slightly improved run game and BS added to make it seem like a new game.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulerider11
Even though this is the wrong board, I totally agree. They're having a tourny at wal-mart I could def win, but I'm not going to waste 4 hours on a game I don't even want. I barely played 10, it just seemed flat to me. 11 seems like the same old song and dance with a slightly improved run game and BS added to make it seem like a new game.
Even tho, this is the wrong board. If I posted it on the Madden board. They would tell me to go to this board If I didn't like the game. So, its a double edge sword you know. lol I totally agree with you.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Gotta agree with both of you guys. I love the NFL and I can't get enough of it this time of year. Usually it's Madden, Hard Knocks, Fantasy Drafts, football on Sundays again. I'm not excited for it at all which is pretty upsetting.

To be honest I don't even watch college football but I'm opting to stick with NCAA. I'm going to give Madden a wait and see approach with regards to imported draft classes, but NCAA IMO is a beautiful game this year and I can't put it down, not even for my beloved NFL.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I actually purchased NCAA 2011 new for the first time in half a decade this year, and right now I put it as the #3 favorite game to play offline, with Super Tecmo Bowl, and ESPN NFL 2K5 being 1st and 2nd respectively. They could close the gap and surpass 2K5 IMHO in 2012 if they'd fix a few issues and stick with broadcast presentation rather than their own style (which doesn't fit 99% of the time). I don't think the same is possible with Madden, they simply have too far a gap to cover, and the NCAA team seems to have a better idea of how a game should be tuned, and how it should play, where as the Madden team struggles with some of the basic aspects.

1. Fix the sliding, there's still a lot of it.
  2. Fix the rendering (you can't beat 2K5 with that horrible rendering)
  3. Add all of the missing transition animations so players don't look so weird going from a stop/start animation.
  4. Add ALL broadcast elements (not just some, and not with a few of 'your own' ideas thrown in, A L L broadcast presentation elements).
  5. Add more Commentary, and commentary that is not specific like Madden is doing. That gets repetitive soo fast. Make it generic, and applicable to multiple players.
  6. Add 'banter'. Let the broadcasters talk over a play. That's ok, it happens on TV. It's not a bad thing, it's what gamers expect, and more importantly, it's what we want! Create hours, and hours of banter, that is generic, and reusable. Again, do NOT go down the specific route that Madden went. That was a horrible design decision.
  7. Fix the ball arc. It's too low, and slow the ball speed down a little.
  8. Fix LB/DLine reaction time. It's ridiculously fast, and ultra unrealistic. Let them jump, but not as soon as you throw, and not such that they are literally blocking you a high percentage of the time. Once, twice a game maybe, but that's about it. Track how many times they have done it, and once they pass a threshold, greatly reduce the chances for a block.
  9. Fix LB/DLine jump/warp to ball.
  10. Remove the half turn from the DB's covering receivers that allows them to automatically turn (yes, they ignore locomotion, nice hack guys). Let Inside/Outside/Up/Down coverage actually mean something. I LOVE to throw on routes but because of this little hack that's been in the game for the last 4 years+, you can't do it. Get rid of it. It ruins the passing game.

I could come up with a lot more, but those are the big ones for me. Those are the ones I want to see to finally see an EA game on par with the ESPN NFL 2K5 game from 6 years ago.

Last edited by Valdarez; 08-09-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
Gotta agree with both of you guys. I love the NFL and I can't get enough of it this time of year. Usually it's Madden, Hard Knocks, Fantasy Drafts, football on Sundays again. I'm not excited for it at all which is pretty upsetting.

To be honest I don't even watch college football but I'm opting to stick with NCAA. I'm going to give Madden a wait and see approach with regards to imported draft classes, but NCAA IMO is a beautiful game this year and I can't put it down, not even for my beloved NFL.
This is true, very true. This is the first time in 15+ yrs I won't be getting madden right out of the gate. As for college football, I watch Nebraska, SEC football and the big games and bowl games and that is all.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Sorry off topic but Valdarez are you getting Madden and if so are you going to be posting a slider set?? That might entice me into getting Madden because your Madde 10 sliders were truly amazing.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
Sorry off topic but Valdarez are you getting Madden and if so are you going to be posting a slider set?? That might entice me into getting Madden because your Madde 10 sliders were truly amazing.
Thanks, definitely put a lot of time, NFL statistics research, and testing into them. I'm sure I'll put a set together, but right now I'm pretty much hooked on NCAA 2011 which is actually balanced fairly well on the the All-American setting though does need some tweeks which I'm just starting to make now that I'm playing my 4th Dynasty year. I don't start posting sliders until I've played the game quite a bit, so I don't have others go through the pain I go through while learning to play / balance the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »