Home

Possible to create patch for conference realignment?

This is a discussion on Possible to create patch for conference realignment? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #9
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Possible to create patch for conference realignment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryofax
ANYTHING can be patched. As a programmer, I can tell you there is nothing that you cannot change in a patch if you want to. It all comes down to the size of the patch and time/effort you want to put into it. One to do this would be pretty hefty and very likely would end up introducing a slew of bugs. So although it would be possible, it's probably unrealistic to think they would do that for this year's game. And apparently they've said as much.

A more permanent solution in a future version would be a full "create a conference" feature where you could create, edit, or delete conferences in any way you choose. Set up the number of members, how the scheduling process works, championship games, etc. If you combined that with a full post-season editor, where you could create bowl games, which conferences are aligned to those games, or even a playoff you could essentially create your own NCAA reality. Or even do 1-AA games (if you used the create a school feature to make those schools... Or if those schools show up in a future version of the game).
I think the issue with all of this is licensing more than anything else. I don't think the conferences or bowl sponsors would approve too much in the way of customization while still being able to use the bowls and conference names and logos. I think a simple swapping of teams is the only thing we'll ever get in regards to conference realignment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »