Home

Is there anything from Madden 11 that you would like to see added to NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Is there anything from Madden 11 that you would like to see added to NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Is there anything from Madden 11 that you would like to see added to NCAA 12?

ACCELERATED CLOCK FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #42
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Is there anything from Madden 11 that you would like to see added to NCAA 12?

I wouldn't mind seeing Ultimate Team in NCAA.

Accelerated clock is a must.

Definitely the presentation improvements. I hope Madden continues to improve in this area, of course, but NCAA is well behind it.

I don't care whether its strategy pad or traditional preplay control, so long as they are standardized. All control should be identical between the two. I get what Phil said (that the number of people who own both is extremely low) but I feel its just the right way to go either way.

I'd like to see an "NCAA Head Coach" style dynasty mode.

Game planning.

That's about it. I think NCAA stands on it's own two feet quite well this year.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #43
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

The kick meter
Old 08-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 34

I want the NCAA team to stay as far away from the Madden developers as possible
Old 08-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #45
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053
ACCELERATED CLOCK FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sideshow Bob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #46
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I wouldn't mind seeing Ultimate Team in NCAA.

Accelerated clock is a must.

Definitely the presentation improvements. I hope Madden continues to improve in this area, of course, but NCAA is well behind it.

I don't care whether its strategy pad or traditional preplay control, so long as they are standardized. All control should be identical between the two. I get what Phil said (that the number of people who own both is extremely low) but I feel its just the right way to go either way.

I'd like to see an "NCAA Head Coach" style dynasty mode.

Game planning.

That's about it. I think NCAA stands on it's own two feet quite well this year.
This. It's the sole reason I will never own both games at the same time. We should at least have the option to use Madden's controls in NCAA or NCAA's controls in Madden.

The ths(throw accuracy short), thm(throw accuracy medium), and thd(throw accuracy deep) QB ratings would be nice as well in NCAA.

Another thing that I would like from Madden is the playcall screen where I can press square, x, or O to pick my play instead of flipping through half of my playbook to find a play. There's been too many times that I've had to call a timeout on defense because I wasn't able to get to my play fast enough and the cpu just picked something for me.

The final thing that I'd like to take from Madden is the quick sub feature. I'd really like to press triangle and sub in any player from my depth chart at a position ..... on the fly. If my speedy 3rd WR matches up better with their 2nd CB and I'm in a 2 WR formation, I would like to be able to just hit triangle and sub him in ala Madden.

As you may have noticed, there's nothing about gameplay up there. NCAA is the truth this year in gameplay.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #47
Rookie

mjwickstrom1's Arena

OVR: 1

I've only played Madden 10 and not 11, but from 10 I liked many of the presentation features in the game. This includes the National Anthem and flyover pregame and haltime show. With the "Madden Moments," it'd be cool to have back the "NCAA Instant Classics" again.
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets, Pittsburgh Penguins
NCAA - Kentucky Wildcats , Xavier Musketeers, Auburn Tigers
NASCAR - Jeff Gordon
Old 08-12-2010, 04:08 AM   #48
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I want the NCAA team to stay as far away from the Madden developers as possible
Wow... they tried that. The result was NCAA 10. It was the infusion of the Madden team's mentality into the NCAA team that produced NCAA 11.

Locomotion and Real Assignment AI were Madden features that NCAA piggybacked. They were features on the list for Madden 10 that didn't make the cut due to time constraints (we actually played with a locomotion prototype at community day for Madden 10).

Most of the presentation cut scenes in NCAA- straight out of M10.

The new route running animations- straight out of M10.

Game speed slider and threshold slider- straight out of M10.

Like it or not (and clearly you don't)- without the Madden team, we'd have NCAA 10.5 right now, not the revolution that is NCAA 11.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »