Home

Games Played...Pass Interference Calls...?

This is a discussion on Games Played...Pass Interference Calls...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Games Played...Pass Interference Calls...?

I'm going to start a thread expressing how important it is to increase penalties other than the 3 that are called regularly, Holding, Face Mask, Clipping. So just think back to how many games you've played and list how many pass interference calls you've seen. Also throw Roughing the passer/kicker, Intentional Grounding, and pretty much any other penalty that's not hld, fm, & clip.

Penalties maxed to 100 other than holding, clipping, face mask @ 55

Through 30 games, 0 pass interference, roughing the passer/kicker, & Intentional Grounding.

Just a couple of False starts & offsides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Games Played...Pass Interference Calls...?

I love this game and will play it to death.... but this is an issue that has not been addressed. Penalties are apart of the game.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Roughing the pass and kicker, I've never seen called (even when there are sometimes some quite late hits on QBs intentionally). Although, these are relatively rare calls in college football.

Offensive pass interference is another penalty which I've never seen, but I have a friend who said he had it called on him in our online dynasty. Along the same lines as the roughing penalties, this is a somewhat rare call in college football.

Offsides and encroachment are two penalties which I've never seen legitimately called. The one instance when I've seen both is when a user controlled player crosses the line. There is another instance I've seen where an OFFENSIVE PLAYER lines up ACROSS THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE, touching a defensive player, and defensive encroachment is called (when offensive encroachment, or offsides should be called...or the glitch should just be fixed so that doesn't happen). Offsides and encroachment penalties happen extremely often in college football, yet no matter how often I set my defensive line to aggressive and the other team fake hikes, or no matter how often I fake hike... no offsides or encroachment never happen.

You can get the defense to jump the line, but:
a) You can't immediately snap it...so what's the point?
b) They never encroach, which happens a lot in real life.
c) The defense jumping never forces the offensive linemen to move, which is also a penalty on the defense...which happens a lot in real life.

And realistically... a center with high awareness should AUTOMATICALLY SNAP THE BALL when he sees a player jump offsides. It's a free play, and in real life, centers do snap the ball before the QB calls for it, because even if it means the QB fumbles it and they get nothing out of the play, it's 5 free yards.

Defensive pass interference, I've actually seen called twice. But I've played a lot of games, and twice just isn't nearly often enough. This gets called AT LEAST once in essentially every single game of college football. And often times many times more than once.

I think the developers have some sort of idea the frequency of the penalties, and if not, our complaints should at least cause them to investigate. What might make this thread far more useful is to wait until the season starts and start posting how often various penalties are called IN REAL GAMES (I guess we could start with NFL preseason...though that's not exactly college football).
Old 08-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

with the new patch i saw 1 off sides and 3 encroachment calls in one game which allowed for free shots down field. loved it

only saw 2 pass interference calls in 3 seasons with EMU and both happened after i lowered the slider to 55 from 100
Old 08-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Rookie

jayishere's Arena

OVR: 1

I've probably played 15-20 games, and I've seen 2 PI calls, I have it set to 100.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

I've had one PI called against me, and it ticked me off......

CPU was driving for the tie, they had an incomplete pass on fourth down, then ................pass interference, defense, automatic first down......

I still squeaked out the W, but still, the most crucial part of the game and I get my first PI call.........lol.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

I've played several games, and by several, I mean five seasons of a dynasty, plus regular games. I've see pass interference called twice (1 offensive, 1 defensive), and get this, it was in the same game!

I get roughing the passer a lot because I like to try to get a piece of him.

But I would love to see penalties like a late hit out of bounds (which happens all the time), unnecessary roughness, etc.

I think that there should be another stat for players called "Intensity". It could mean how hard you hit, how worked up you get, and how often you'd get called for something like unnecessary roughness.

Like someone else said, it is part of the game. Stuff should definitely get called a lot.

And by the way, it seems everytime I end up with a nice play when I'm in a crunch, it gets brought back because of holding!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Oil Nation's Arena

OVR: 1

I've played a ton of games, probably about 150 so far and only ever had 2 pass interference calls and both were in the same game, about 5 minutes apart. Haven't seen it again though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »