Home

anyway that EA can tune the CPU all out blitzing...

This is a discussion on anyway that EA can tune the CPU all out blitzing... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9
anyway that EA can tune the CPU all out blitzing...

i'm seeing this way too much lately. i don't think it would be so bad if the CPU was able to bluff their blitzes, but too many time i see the safties walk up and i audible to a deep pass and burn em every time. this isn't just me is it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: anyway that EA can tune the CPU all out blitzing...

Itīs worse after the patch, might be part of the "better pursuit" by the cpu.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4

go into coaching philosophy and turn down "defensive aggression". you could do it for all the teams, but i just do it for the teams i'm scheduled to play that season. it really does work. not sure if it works outside of dynasty.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb
go into coaching philosophy and turn down "defensive aggression". you could do it for all the teams, but i just do it for the teams i'm scheduled to play that season. it really does work. not sure if it works outside of dynasty.
Yea, this is what I do. Definitely helps!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb
The coaching sliders only work for 1st and 2nd down. The CPU will always blitz on 3rd and long. Sometimes it will be a simple 5 man rush, others it will be an 8 man rush which is an automatic TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
The coaching sliders only work for 1st and 2nd down. The CPU will always blitz on 3rd and long. Sometimes it will be a simple 5 man rush, others it will be an 8 man rush which is an automatic TD.
Has anybody tried two controllers yet?

Set up a less aggressive gameplan for the CPU profiled team and then move the controller into the center after the game starts?
Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb
I really don't see this much at all to be honest....

But i have run some test games in Dynasty mode using modified coaching sliders and it does help IMO.

Also, i think again this all comes back to the different level's aswell. I'm on Varsity level and i simply don't see the CPU calling all out blitzes very much. I've read reports about Kickers attempting 60 yard FG's and again on this level I simply haven't witnessed it.

Now maybe it's because I turned the Kicking Power down for the CPU but for what ever reason's I haven't seen a FG attempt by them over 52 yards.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-13-2010, 01:01 AM   #8
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I really don't see this much at all to be honest....

But i have run some test games in Dynasty mode using modified coaching sliders and it does help IMO.

Also, i think again this all comes back to the different level's aswell. I'm on Varsity level and i simply don't see the CPU calling all out blitzes very much. I've read reports about Kickers attempting 60 yard FG's and again on this level I simply haven't witnessed it.

Now maybe it's because I turned the Kicking Power down for the CPU but for what ever reason's I haven't seen a FG attempt by them over 52 yards.
i've only seen it overdone in a couple games, but the last two games i played, i noticed a LOT of times the CPU safties and/or CB's walking up to blitz and all i have to do is audible to a deep pass, and boom, huge yards or easy TD. it probably wouldn't bother me so much if they had them walk up and then get back into coverage, but almost everytime it's a blitz. but like i said, i've only noticed it real bad in the last couple games i played, i dunno, maybe it's just a team specific thing or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »