Home

Transfer Issue, it's way too low in dynasty

This is a discussion on Transfer Issue, it's way too low in dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #25
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Transfer Issue, it's way too low in dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Is it just me or does Tate Forcier transfer in every dynasty?
Do you make him a backup?

Because in my case, Denard Robinson transfers to Louisville 9/10 times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Year 1 I had in the range of 40 or so. Year 2 I had 9. 4 to New Mexico State, 2 to Boise State, 2 to Auburn (one from Alabama and one from Georgia) and then one to Miami.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem
Some good examples of big school to small transfers:

Lamaar Thomas 4* RB OSU, to New Mexico State
Ben Axon RB 4* RB South Carolina to Eastern Michigan
Jaybo Shaw 4* Qb from G Tech to D-II Georgia Southern
Taylor Cook 4* QB Miami to Rice
Sam McGuffie 5* Runningback Michigan to Rice
Great info but Georgia Southern is not DII. It is a FCS school (they play in the same conference [SoCon] that App State does).
Old 08-14-2010, 01:18 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 19

Gig,
Your example speaks to my point.
The "Recruit Star System" is utilize for media/fans. It's a 3rd party marketing tool used to sell products pertaining to college football.

I have yet to meet/hear a Div I coach that utilizes this system to judge talent. The info passed around through the college coaching circle, is that the Star Rating is based off of information from people who've never recruited or coached at the college level. It's too inacurate to risk one of few scholarships (and your job) on.

So when you say a 4* to a FCS school. Maybe his high school stats/hype (which is the foundation of the Recruit Star System) did not translate.
They realize that there are player's at the bigger schools that have better abilities, and rather than play 2nd fiddle, they transfer to a school where there abilities are seen as greater and they can get the greatest playing time.

So as long as they're going to utilize the Star System in the game, they have to keep transfers to a minimum because it will void the purpose of the recruiting system in the game (if 70'ish + type of players are transferring in multiples every year to smaller schools, there will be no parity between Power House's and the Lower Subdivision schools) because such player's will be on Lower Div School rosters no matter how bad the school is performing.

Why spend the time recruiting, when eventually within a 30 yr dynasty, many of the better players will become part of your roster anyway?

I would like them to hide "ALL" the attributes of transfers, because it is a gamble in real life taking on a transfer. You have no clue what your getting, especially if their playing time was limited were they came from.

If they increase transfers, watch how fast gamer's will be posting how off season recruiting is broken/worthless or worse.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #29
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I highly doubt having about 20 guys transfer would break recruiting. Go look at Georgia State. Star Jackson will be their starting quarterback. The McGuffie at Rice transfer is the same thing. Reading through Athlon's mag this year made me realize how many schools lose a player to a smaller school and that player ends up being the best or second best guy on that defense. So it's not entirely unrealistic to see decent players go to a bad school to get playing time.

And I didn't know getting 2 or 3 players counted as many of the players on your team. There's no way having more players transfer would make recruiting worthless. That's just a naive point that's not looking at the big picture.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 08-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 19

Roggie,

I've noticed you like to try and get a jab of sarcasm/intellectualism in many your replying posts. Key word "Try"!!!

The "Educated" thing to do is to bring a counterpoint with detailed explanation to why you believe my/any gamer's insertion is incorrect or would not work. Not attack folks understanding or perception about an aspect of a Video Game.

#1 Rule:
There are "NO" experts on these forums. Just a bunch of guy's playing video games in their living/bedrooms.

Again, as explained in my 1st reply, if they increase transfers it will water down the purpose of recruiting "in the game".
Old 08-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Is it just me or does Tate Forcier transfer in every dynasty?
That's actually pretty realistic. I'd say it's about 50/50 at best that he'll be with UM next season. He might be 3rd on the depth chart by then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Gig,
Your example speaks to my point.
The "Recruit Star System" is utilize for media/fans. It's a 3rd party marketing tool used to sell products pertaining to college football.

I have yet to meet/hear a Div I coach that utilizes this system to judge talent. The info passed around through the college coaching circle, is that the Star Rating is based off of information from people who've never recruited or coached at the college level. It's too inacurate to risk one of few scholarships (and your job) on.

So when you say a 4* to a FCS school. Maybe his high school stats/hype (which is the foundation of the Recruit Star System) did not translate.
They realize that there are player's at the bigger schools that have better abilities, and rather than play 2nd fiddle, they transfer to a school where there abilities are seen as greater and they can get the greatest playing time.

So as long as they're going to utilize the Star System in the game, they have to keep transfers to a minimum because it will void the purpose of the recruiting system in the game (if 70'ish + type of players are transferring in multiples every year to smaller schools, there will be no parity between Power House's and the Lower Subdivision schools) because such player's will be on Lower Div School rosters no matter how bad the school is performing.

Why spend the time recruiting, when eventually within a 30 yr dynasty, many of the better players will become part of your roster anyway?

I would like them to hide "ALL" the attributes of transfers, because it is a gamble in real life taking on a transfer. You have no clue what your getting, especially if their playing time was limited were they came from.

If they increase transfers, watch how fast gamer's will be posting how off season recruiting is broken/worthless or worse.
Somehow you managed to spin my argument into how coaches evaluate talent, which is really not what im getting at, let me put it in laymans terms for you:

Talented player, not playing at big school, wants to play, transfers to a small school. Talented player gets playing time at small school. End of story.

It just needs to happen more in this game in the later years of dynasty.

Last edited by gigem; 08-14-2010 at 01:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »