Home

Transfer Issue, it's way too low in dynasty

This is a discussion on Transfer Issue, it's way too low in dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Transfer Issue, it's way too low in dynasty

Has this been fixed?

Old 07-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #58
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Smooth bump. I was reading was a little bit disappointed when I started reading this thread, then realized that it's old.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #59
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I've NEVER had a player transfer to my program. How does it happen?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Smooth bump. I was reading was a little bit disappointed when I started reading this thread, then realized that it's old.
I know, I'm asking if it's been fixed for 2013.. Do you know or are you just making side comments..

Old 07-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm working on simming multiple years down the road on this to see if it's gotten better. As I stated earlier, I got about 40 after Year 1 in the last couple versions of the game, and then it teetered down virtually nothing. Maybe 2-3 after that. Presumably, this was a ratings issue. Teams tended to be rated worse later in the dynasty than the default. This meant, at first there were many highly rated playing not receiving playing time, and this essentially fixed itself because everyone was rated lower and there were no 85 rated players on the bench who just had to get on the field. There were probably other issues, but that's just my theory.

Year 1:
Transfers 129 (3 for coaches leaving, 11 home sick, 115 for playing time)

For the most part, they were fairly logical. Some, not so much. The playing time things must be based on position needs, because that part of the list didn't make any sense really.

51 rated DT leaves Idaho and thinks he will find more playing time at Oregon?
49 rated LB leaves Texas State for Louisiana State?

There were other examples like that, probably 10-15 moved up from a lower league to a BCS level conference citing playing time. Has to be based on needs, but it would be nice if this formula could factor in that Oregon has NO use for a 51 rated DT. They wouldn't accept him, except maybe as a walk-on IRL and then they'd go recruit a FR who is much better.

Draft declarations: 71 (Wisconsin had 7 alone, plus 4 transfers, yikes!)
This logic was awful IMO.
Out of the 71 declaring early for the draft, 2 were projected 1st rounders, 4 were in the 2nd round, 9 in the 3rd. Now, shift down to the regular seniors leaving, and no round added up to 32. It was in the 26-29 range for rounds 1-3. I didn't count after that. Do the match, 56 of the 71 early draft declarers were projected in rounds 4-7. A bit off if you ask me. Many of the early draft declarers should have probably decided to stick around for a year rather than be taken in Round 7.

The 11 home sick players, the logic was decent, but a few didn't entirely make sense either. Most of them were far away from home and went back, fine. It's apparent that anywhere in the home state it believes will solve the issue, because some players transferred from the next state over (Tulsa to North Texas, Purdue to Illinois) and they were not really much if any closer to their home city). Does a kid from Illinois get home sick from being all the way over in Indiana? That's another discussion. I guess maybe, but it seemed to me the homesickness would be best used for players who are half the country away, which in most of the cases it was, such as a player from Texas at Boise State transferring to Houston and a player from Florida at West Virginia transferring back to South Florida.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

Year 2:
Transfers: Dropped from 129 to 85
Mainly the same stuff, 5 from coaches leaving, 11 home sick, 69 playing time.

Few more weird ones, like a Florida Atlantic DE thinking he will find more playing time at Florida State. The other thing that is sticking out is that the service academies get a lot of people transferring in. I don't know if it's possible to program, but I don't believe any of them will accept transfers, and then none of them ever RS. The game's never had this right, but it'd be nice.

NFL draft declarations dropped from 71 to 45. Kinda the same thing. None were 1st round projections, only 4 in the 2nd, 4 in the 3rd, 5 in the 4th. This logic could use some tweaking.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

Year 3: Transfers jumped back up to 108. 4 schools had 18 of those, so I don't know if that inflates it a little.

Probably too many in-conference changes. It's about 1/3 of all transfers don't leave the conference. Generally coaches block that kind of thing. It happens, it's just more rare than the game would lead you to think.

NFL declarations decreased all the way down to 14.

At a later time, I will sim about 5 years ahead to when the CPU has recruited all the players, and no one is left from the default roster, but it's looking a million times better. NFL draft early declarations may be a new problem, or maybe that was a bad year.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

Went into years when there are all CPU generated players:
Year 5: Transfers 86 Early Declarations 57
Year 6: Transfers 67 Early Declarations 30
Year 7: Transfers 79 Early Declarations 44

I hereby declare this issue solved, even if it is with some very strange logic. The sheer numbers involved are long overdue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »