Home

Was patch #2 botched?

This is a discussion on Was patch #2 botched? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Was patch number 2 botched?
The patch fixed exactly what it needed to. 30 24.39%
I don't reallt notice a difference either way. 17 13.82%
Patch did not address what it should have 48 39.02%
Too early to tell 28 22.76%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Was patch #2 botched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I've found the game is MUCH easier, which is not a good thing. CPU seem to be idiots and react awful.
This is how I feel too. Seems like after the patch and tuner, the secondary AI has taken a major hit. The game kinda feels like Madden 11 to me now, with the dumbed down secondary. Now yes, I could tune my sliders, but if you put the coverage sliders too high, then routes are mirrored and curl routes are useless. I don't know what happened!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
PA is a total joke on Heisman. I stopped calling them all together. 80% of the time I was sacked before I turned around. The RT's all let the DE blow by them on every passing play.

Mostly patch 2 was botched because they didn't patch schedules and other dynasty depth chart issues with the CPU. I can tweak some game play issues with sliders, I can only fix a few of the schedules in year 1 and I cant go take control of every CPU team to fix their depth chart and to stop them from hoarding certain positions.
Yeah, play action is a joke on heisman. However, I do like some of the routes those guys run on those plays, so I just hot route my running back into block, so there really isn't a play action. That's how I get around it because there are some cool routes to some of those plays.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
I disagree with two parts, kickoff return blocking and play action effectiveness.

I have returned several kickoffs on AA. Play action passes WORK...you have to use them sparingly and not when the CPU is blitzing heavy. I have thrown plenty of PA touchdowns. THe scheduling stuff should have been fixed so I agree with you there. Also depth chart issues are a problem, not sure if thats a tuner thing tho.
I'd like to know your secret. I'm lucky to get past the 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #12
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Anybody know if or how you can delete the #2 patch (ps3)? I don't play online and to be honest I'll gladly trade the dirty uniforms for the old game-play. To me, IMHO the game play, especially, the CPU running game has gotten worse. Add that to all the other things like the pump fake glitch and the beyond easy 3rd down pass down the middle of the field when the user is on offense and if I can delete it I will in a heartbeat.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:04 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 28

I think since the tuning has been used, the game has gotten harder. Things I hope that they fix:

1) Zone coverage
2) Ability to get a pass rush on the CPU...Blitzes are not effective
Old 08-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #14
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

I find kick returns okay and my work around for punt returns is to use punt block man. I average about 7-9 yards. I have not returned a punt for a td ( have a kick) but broke a couple for 25 or so
Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #15
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

My D-line gets destroyed on run plays under center. All four of my linemen get pancaked, and they get huge runs whenever they want because all there linemen just move into the second level and block my linebackers. Then my safeties take horrible pursuit angles to try and tackle the running back.

However, on Shotgun runs, they get in the backfield for tackles for loss. I would expect this to more of a problem.

Is this happening to anyone else. My problem probably is that I play on default heisman sliders, but before this patch, this wasn't a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #16
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

I've noticed that the fumbles still occur too frequently on both sides of the ball. I was under the impression the patch would fix this issue, but maybe I'm wrong and it's something the tuning patch is supposed to be dealing with...
It makes me sad
I post the frog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »