Home

is the all american setting the realistic setting?

This is a discussion on is the all american setting the realistic setting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
is the all american setting the realistic setting?

What is the most realistic diffulity setting and how many minutes should i play to get realistic stats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #2
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: is the all american setting the realistic setting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulharvest32
What is the most realistic diffulity setting and how many minutes should i play to get realistic stats
i play on AA, 8 min and get some pretty good games.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #3
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Yes, AA is th setting where ratings are at their default.
130-140 plays per game is realistic and 8 min. quarters should do it.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

i dont mess w/ the sliders much, i make sure to turn up my pass blocking, and turn down the cpu pass rush. oh, and turn up the WR catching to about 65 for both cpu and you, and turn down INT's for both to 45. those work decent for me, then you can just go from there on anymore slider tweaks.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just to chime in on my opinion of this. I think ultimately that your playstyle determines what is most realistic for you and your own skill set. Personally for me I play on heisman level with 7 minute quarters and try my best to schedule all the top teams on my open/non conference week games. This year is the first year that ive played with just default sliders and Im loving it so far. I play realistic football and dont run the same 5 plays over and over. My stats are realistic and games are competitive for me. Just my 2 cents but I say enjoy the game how you wish and have fun with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Basically the way you play the game, or how skilled you are at doing the user things like catching, interceptions, blitzing, pass rushing, are going to determine what gets you the best stats. I have found that I can play on anything from varsity to heisman and get realistic stats with the right sliders for each. With Varsity you will have to dumb down your sliders a little in some areas and up the CPU in areas. All-American you could stay around the middle but adjusting certain things to make your games resemble real life stats. Heisman could be adjusted any way depending on your results as well.

It all comes down to how you play, and what results you get. I would suggest checking out the slider part of the NCAA forum here. There are all kinds of suggested sliders that you can try out on different difficulties.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

yes All American is the most realistic setting as it's 50/50 both you and CPU
but as far as a challenge or more realistic as far as stats and your personal skill level you may want to adjust

Freshman-first timers or young kids
Varsity-first timer, good young kids, or those not very experienced or good who are older
All American-good for fair competition, those who are pretty good
Heisman-those who NEED the competition to be disgusting and fierce at all cost lol, veterans of the game who won't put up with All American

no wrong way of going about it/personal preference

but All American is most level 50/50 and Heisman is to push the game to it's max as far as the CPU is concerned
Old 08-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Be aware heismann penalizes all human player stats, it doesn't improve AI. Varsity boost all human player stats. So All American is the only value at which CPU and human player ratings can be compared. For difficulty you can make any setting challenging by adjusting sliders. Just remember your 99 speed wr is real 94 on heismann and the CPU real stats aren't confirmed but are likely boosted.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »