Home

Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game

This is a discussion on Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #17
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange
That's cheesing in my book. Exploiting a flaw in the game.

Why don't you play with a different playbook? Or just try to emulate what happens in real life on Saturdays -- because that's kind of the point.

Come on dude there's got to be a way for you to enjoy the game without supersimming the defense. Just resist the urge to go back to the money plays.
If a HB slam for 3 yards against an out number box is a money play then this game is seriously flawed I added more to my original post to expand on how I actually run my offense.

I still love to play full games, but now my time is more important. I used to be able to spend a couple hours playing a day but now 30 minutes is a good day, I rather play with and teach my daughter for 4 hours a day than play my xbox. Wow cant believe I said that, I must be becoming a grown up or some crazy stuff like that.

With that said I would probably go back to playing the entire game if ea implemented an in game save, but that will never happen.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #18
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
If a HB slam for 3 yards against an out number box is a money play then this game is seriously flawed I added more to my original post to expand on how I actually run my offense.

I still love to play full games, but now my time is more important. I used to be able to spend a couple hours playing a day but now 30 minutes is a good day, I rather play with and teach my daughter for 4 hours a day than play my xbox. Wow cant believe I said that, I must be becoming a grown up or some crazy stuff like that.

With that said I would probably go back to playing the entire game if ea implemented an in game save, but that will never happen.
Beautiful man...just beautiful. Virtual high five.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #19
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yeah, but the audible-ing and stuff. That's what makes it a money play.

I can understand the saving time stuff. But you implied that you couldn't enjoy the game without crippling yourself with supersim, and that's just crazy.

(P.S. lol It sounds like they made this year's Madden just for you -- Cut game times in half, OC calls plays for you [so you can't pick money plays]. I always wondered who the OC thing could possibly appeal to, and now I've found him. lol)
Old 08-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #20
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I think if someone wants to play in a so-called "cheesy" way, let them. They paid $60 for the game, so they should be able to play it however they want(no matter how much I or anyone else disagrees with that style of play)
Old 08-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #21
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, but the audible-ing and stuff. That's what makes it a money play.

I can understand the saving time stuff. But you implied that you couldn't enjoy the game without crippling yourself with supersim, and that's just crazy.

(P.S. lol It sounds like they made this year's Madden just for you -- Cut game times in half, OC calls plays for you [so you can't pick money plays]. I always wondered who the OC thing could possibly appeal to, and now I've found him. lol)
The defense adjusts to blitz 90% of the time that I go into my audible, that's why I play on Heisman, if I was on AA the would not adjust for the audible. Its not like i'm calling 5 audibles and sending a man in motion, moving my first receiver to slot to get an advantage. So with your logic audibles should not be in this game then, even though the defense adjusts to it with a blitz? Or is it that I should not read defenses until I snap the ball? Reading zone and man is ok, but just counting people in the box is not?

I haven't played madden since 02, so you can count me out on that one. No amount of features or improvements will ever get me to buy Madden. Probably the only thing that would force that is canceling the NCAA series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #22
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

Quote:
The defense adjusts to blitz 90% of the time that I go into my audible, that's why I play on Heisman, if I was on AA the would not adjust for the audible. Its not like i'm calling 5 audibles and sending a man in motion, moving my first receiver to slot to get an advantage. So with your logic audibles should not be in this game then, even though the defense adjusts to it with a blitz? Or is it that I should not read defenses until I snap the ball? Reading zone and man is ok, but just counting people in the box is not?
You shouldn't call a play with the intent on audible-ing at the line, is what I'm saying.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #23
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
You shouldn't call a play with the intent on audible-ing at the line, is what I'm saying.
So the Colts should not be allowed to play in the NFL because they cheese? What about no huddle teams? They come to the line and read the defense then make the play call? Or what about your OC? Did you ever see the offense he ran as a head coach? I did, extremely audible happy!

Edit: I don't have the intent of going to the line and changing my play, but my first read is to see if the middle is open. If I come to the line and the defense has 4 men in the box, it is stupid for me to not take a 5 on 4. Its reading the defense not cheese.

Last edited by PocketScout; 08-17-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Peyton Manning is a huge cheeser

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »