Home

Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game

This is a discussion on Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #33
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game

AubOrange is so mad ITT
Old 08-18-2010, 02:12 AM   #34
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
How is it an exploit if the cpu adjusts its defensive alignment when I audible and over the course of the game it compensates for what I am doing by paying attention to my tendencies? Again i'm talking a calculated bet that I can win a 6 on 6 battle in the box, sometimes I lose and get dropped with a 2 yard loss other times I get a 5 yard gain, sounds a lot like real football to me?
What I'm saying is, if it wasn't an exploit, and you weren't using "money plays", then you would be able to do it without Nevada's playbook.

Basically, my stance is this: Okay, calling it at the line has been around since the 60s, whatever, whatever. But did EA make the game with this style in mind? No. My suggestion to you is, play it like they designed it. Then you won't be as automatically efficient, and you won't have to lopside the Heisman sliders, and then you won't have to go to your money plays to beat the overjuiced CPU, and then you can go back to playing defense and enjoying the game.

All I'm saying is, at the end of the day, it's not the way the game was meant to be played, and in my book it's cheesing, regardless of real life justifications or not.

Meanwhile, as far as Malzahn goes, I should have phrased it as "Please don't act like you know more about our offensive system than we do." As far as his high school win-loss record, it's whatever, but also don't discount that we, and I, have done our research. (What else do you think we did all last offseason? Because it certainly wasn't spent bragging about anything...)

EDIT: Of course by "real life justifications" I mean using it because there is such an offense IRL, not your justification for simming due to having an 18 month old! lmao, because that's a pretty legit justification lol.

Last edited by AubOrange; 08-18-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:13 AM   #35
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
AubOrange is so mad ITT
Not really. Just a little back and forth. He's the one asking the questions about why I feel about whatever, and I'm answering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #36
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
AubOrange is so mad ITT
I wouldn't go so far as to say he's mad. They're just having a healthy exchange...what we're here for.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I have to agree with AubOrange on this one. You have set plays that you KNOW the cpu cant stop and you constantly use those same plays.

Come on man, this is EA football we're talking here, you know good and well ya gotta have house rules to get an accurate sim game outta these titles.

For me, I dont use ANYTHING extra, ie audibles, specific plays, motioning players, etc. I go with ask coach (or ask madden if I'm playing that game), pick one of the plays randomly and run THAT play as is.

Defense, same thing, I dont touch audibles AT ALL. Dont switch players either. One man.....entire season, unless he gets injured.

Sittin there pressin all them damn buttons, lol moving that player this way and this player that way, man you know the CPU aint gonna be able register that ****. Of course you're gonna blow em out.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm 19 and i don't think i've restarted a game to win since i was like 13. Losing is what makes winning feel so good. It's a video game, everyone could go undefeated every year and win the national title, but how would that feel good? My college roommate did not feel the same way. He played a madden franchise with Oakland and would quit out of every game he didn't win. I swear it took him 20 tries to beat the ravens in week 17. God forbid you go into the playoffs 15-1.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #39
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange
What I'm saying is, if it wasn't an exploit, and you weren't using "money plays", then you would be able to do it without Nevada's playbook.

Basically, my stance is this: Okay, calling it at the line has been around since the 60s, whatever, whatever. But did EA make the game with this style in mind? No. My suggestion to you is, play it like they designed it. Then you won't be as automatically efficient, and you won't have to lopside the Heisman sliders, and then you won't have to go to your money plays to beat the overjuiced CPU, and then you can go back to playing defense and enjoying the game.

All I'm saying is, at the end of the day, it's not the way the game was meant to be played, and in my book it's cheesing, regardless of real life justifications or not.

Meanwhile, as far as Malzahn goes, I should have phrased it as "Please don't act like you know more about our offensive system than we do." As far as his high school win-loss record, it's whatever, but also don't discount that we, and I, have done our research. (What else do you think we did all last offseason? Because it certainly wasn't spent bragging about anything...)

EDIT: Of course by "real life justifications" I mean using it because there is such an offense IRL, not your justification for simming due to having an 18 month old! lmao, because that's a pretty legit justification lol.
I use this same setup with multiple spread playbooks, but enjoy Nevadas play selection the best. As for EA not looking at this type style of play, they put in extra audibles from your current formation using the right stick. Not only did they think about it they put a feature in to allow you to do it easily.

I got into this style of play (supersim) back when I was in college, pre-kid and wife and was strapped for time working 70 hours a week, and holding down a 3.3 gpa as an electronic engineering undergrad. Then when I got a chance to get back to playing full games my little monkey made her way into this world and Ive never thought twice about spending the extra time it takes to play every down of a 8 min quarter game.

My original post could be date circa 2008 because that's when it developed for the reason the TS asked about. I think the only issue ive really taken is the use of the word money play. The cheese stuff is subjective, if someone ran the exact same style against me I wouldn't think its cheese, but if they audibled more than once in a play I think I would call it that, so I can see where your point is. I can rationalize it because the cpu makes adjustments to stop me and they are successful in doing so, then I change it up. Give and take. I just don't see how a play that can lose 2 yards is a money play that's my biggest issue with the criticism.

As for Tiger Football, come on you guys are storied. I have payed a lot of attention to you guys over the years as you have had many Arkansans. Former coach Tubberville, Currnet OC Malzahn, Kodi, and the beast Lee Ziemba. It sucked to see Kodi have such a tough run of it, but Ziemba has done just what everyone expected he would.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #40
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
As for Tiger Football, come on you guys are storied. I have payed a lot of attention to you guys over the years as you have had many Arkansans. Former coach Tubberville, Currnet OC Malzahn, Kodi, and the beast Lee Ziemba. It sucked to see Kodi have such a tough run of it, but Ziemba has done just what everyone expected he would.
I was just making a joke about after the 2008 season, when we went 5-7, fired Tubs and all his staff, and all offseason, as soon as Malzahn was hired, all we did for 8 months was just drool over all his highlights and tapes and figure out everything we could about this mad scientist genius, because we didn't have anything else to do because we couldn't brag about anything after the 5-7 season.

(Oh, and you forgot Michael Dyer. Thanks for him, too.)

As for the rest, to each his own. But I will say that a money play doesn't necessarily score every time. It's like if you know a certain dive play is more successful than others that are similar. You call it "knowing your playbook", I call it "money plays".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »