Home

Quick Call

This is a discussion on Quick Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon5 Quick Call

Does anybody use it? and Does it help or help your shot at getting recruits? or Does it matter how you go about recruiting? I am only using it when I don't have to schedule a vist to a game.

Last edited by johntom2000; 08-18-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Quick Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntom2000
Does anybody use it? and Does it help or help your shot at getting recruits? or Does it matter how you go about recruiting? I am only using it when I don't have to schedule a vist to a game.
I only do it when I am WAY up ahead of a guy like 800-1000 points ahead. I like to do all my own recruiting. i love it too much. I dont have any of the cpu assist on at all
Old 08-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I use it for lower tier guys when there's nothing pressing (i.e., a visit or scholarship), I'm ahead on them, and I wanna' save some (real life) time. It can be fine, but it won't use any promises or change of subjects, so you can almost always do better yourself...but how much better depends on the sequence of subjects that come up.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
I only do it when I am WAY up ahead of a guy like 800-1000 points ahead. I like to do all my own recruiting. i love it too much. I dont have any of the cpu assist on at all
Same here, if I KNOW I'm getting that guy, I won't spend too much time on him.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah, I use quick call on soft commits where I'm up by more than 600+, or on non commits when up by 800+, if I do not need to schedule anything.

I also turned off the recruiting board assistant because it is more annoying than anything else... fills your board with a bunch of guys who are soft commits to some other school who you don't want... and you just forget who your real targets are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I feel like i get better calls than the quick call can. Quick calling will try to sway the pitch a lot. I just pitch it instead to get more points. Quick call could be a time saver on a new recruit when you just want to find his interests though.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Quick calls are completely random and sometimes use more minutes than necessary with little or no progress. You should only use it when u already have the cruit on lock or if ur the only one actively pursuing him.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
Yea I'm the same way. I will only quick call recruits late in the year when i have a big margin.

Quick call usually sucks though it doesn't net me too many points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »