Home

The Season Showdon logic is so stupid..

This is a discussion on The Season Showdon logic is so stupid.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
The Season Showdon logic is so stupid..

So I'm up 35-0 in online dynasty, 2nd half just started.. I come out in a 4 wide run play and they have 9 players in the box... the only players not in the box were 2 CBs.. I audible to a quick pass knowing it's asking for disaster to run into 9 guys and get -50 sportsmanship for "running up the score". Absolutely silly. I'm going to have about -400 sportsmanship by the time this game is over since this is just the beginning of the 2nd half..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

Re: The Season Showdon logic is so stupid..

Also, I just LOVE getting -sportsmanship for running plays that coach's pick chooses for me.. yeah, that makes a lot of sense...
Old 08-19-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

Exactly why I didn't sign up last year, and I wish you weren't forced to this year.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #4
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Yea, not feelin the negative sportsmanship points. If you ease off the throttle just a little, the CPU will try and clown you and I guarantee they wont take sportsmanship into account.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

I'm playing against a Kentucky team who has Morgan Newton out for 8 weeks with broken collarbone and Randall Cobb out for season with broken vertebrae.. Just absolutely destroying them, but here I am getting sportsmanship down left and right just because I am a bit weary about running directly into Taylor "The Tebow Killer" Wyndham, Dequin Evans and Danny Trevathan..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 12:30 AM   #6
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

i understand it for online... but why even have it offline, wtf does it matter if i am sportsman like to the cpu?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:39 AM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I also love how you get nothing for subbing in your second string, which is about the most "sportsman" thing you can do when you're up big on another team. I use to pay attention to it, but not anymore. Of course if didn't really affect me last year. I ran the ball most of the time anyway. But this year, with OSU switching to an Air Raid offense, I just can't run it into the line the entire second half. I don't mind the idea behind the sportsmanship rating, but it needs some serious tuning. Even then, "sportsmanship" is such a difficult thing to judge that they'll never be able to get it 100% right. What's executing the offense to one person is running up the score to another person. It's a subjective thing (unless someone throws a hail mary with 20 seconds left and a 28 point lead ... then it's pretty obvious).
Old 08-19-2010, 02:55 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 20

Yeah, I've been hit with some negative sportsmanship points when all I'm really doing is "running my offense" in the sense that I'm throwing, yes, but they're really just running plays, essentially - WR screens, bubble screens, quick hitches, quick outs, etc.; I'm not chucking the ball 15-20 yards down field, these are basically just long hand-offs.

Bah.

Then you think about it mathematically, you kick on 4th down TEN TIMES for +100 sportsmanship, but you throw with a big lead TWICE and all those points are gone.

Again, bah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »