Home

Mass Subs will remove redshirts w/o permission

This is a discussion on Mass Subs will remove redshirts w/o permission within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 AM   #17

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Mass Subs will remove redshirts w/o permission

I have never used the Mass Subs feature in NCAA. I always make my own substitutions because of issues such as FBs & TEs playing OL. It really takes literally a minute to put all my back-ups in on my own.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 09-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #18
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
1) I seem to remember this happening before, too, and it didn't remove the redshirt. I would double check to make sure; just them being out there doesn't guarantee the RS is gone.

2) Don't quote me, but I just played a game where I saw my #4 and #5 DTs show up when I mass subbed, yet those players are not listed on my depth chart (I had backup DEs in those slots). I mention this in the sense that perhaps EA tweaked the substitution logic so that the game is now subbing in guys at the correct positions (not by OVR like it was before); so potentially that means no more TEs and RBs getting subbed onto the OL for the CPU, no more CBs playing WR for users, etc.
Yeah, wasn't that previously a glitch where you could play them but not lose the redshirt? IE, the opposite problem of the OP?

Werid stuff.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #19
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4

If they didn't record any stats, just make sure they don't play again. With no stats at the end of the year, the cpu automagically redshirts them.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #20
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
IRL, redshirts are not listed anywhere on a depth chart. Pretty simple...
not always true. IRL, some players do suit up and are on the depth chart, but still get redshirted simply due to not playing a snap (i.e. 3rd string QBs, use-in-injury-emergency-only freshman, etc).
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Old 09-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #21
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

I can see this happening, especially at a position like FB. The depth chart often times only goes two deep for FB (with an [Open Slot] in the three deep position). If you mass sub, and put in the second guy at starter, when he gets tired, it will bring in the next highest rated guy off your team, whether he's on the depth chart or not. If your redshirted guy is highest rated, he might go in, but I've never seen it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »