Home

EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE

This is a discussion on EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Dominating? What about WVU? They went undefeated in a BCS conference, you lost. How are you dominating?
Sigh... horse beaten and there is no way to remove your scarlett colored glasses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #26
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
Sigh... horse beaten and there is no way to remove your scarlett colored glasses.
Agian, me being an Ohio State fan has what to do with this?

And I find it ironic the OP of this thread is telling us horse beaten.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #27
Rookie

Icon10 Re: EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
The bottom line is the game is not broke and the logic is not flawed, it is exactly how it should be when compared to real life in this regard. All you are doing is making the age old argument by coaches everywhere that think their team is superior to any other team when it comes to ranking. Now whether or not you agree with how the BCS actually works and operates is another can of worms, but has nothing to do with EA or this franchise. The only logic that is broke is yours...
LOL... bravo, Mr. Indepedent. You have to be the last entity to have any objective say in what is right and wrong in terms of conference prowess and determining a BCS bowl bid. What a joke.

My initial post was meant to induce thought based on fact and precedence. A little spirited? Shirley. But I have provided both to all who have cared to read and have now realized I am mostly talking to a mass of hurt feelings. G'day mates and watch the SEC roll again and again and again. Deal with it!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Agian, me being an Ohio State fan has what to do with this?
If I have to spell it out for you then I truly understand why you keep dragging this out... really, dude?
Old 08-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #29
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
LOL... bravo, Mr. Indepedent. You have to be the last entity to have any objective say in what is right and wrong in terms of conference prowess and determining a BCS bowl bid. What a joke.

My initial post was meant to induce thought based on fact and precedence. A little spirited? Shirley. But I have provided both to all who have cared to read and have now realized I am mostly talking to a mass of hurt feelings. G'day mates and watch the SEC roll again and again and again. Deal with it!
I am confused, you come on here complaining about something that isn't broke and then when people start responding you immediately go after their school affiliation. It really doesn't make much sense unless maybe you need to feel better about yourself or something. Your arguments are flawed and have been shown as such. Your response to all of this is to use the person's affiliation as grounds for them being wrong. It is actually quite humerous that you find more joy in pointing out that someone is an Ohio State fan than in the fact your own argument is completely baseless.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #30
Rookie

Icon14 Re: EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
I am confused, you come on here complaining about something that isn't broke and then when people start responding you immediately go after their school affiliation. It really doesn't make much sense unless maybe you need to feel better about yourself or something. Your arguments are flawed and have been shown as such. Your response to all of this is to use the person's affiliation as grounds for them being wrong. It is actually quite humerous that you find more joy in pointing out that someone is an Ohio State fan than in the fact your own argument is completely baseless.
Again you and several others are proving that you are neither unbiased, nor correct. I stated an opinion of the state of this games ranking logic based on precedence concerning BCS rankings and you and a few others have posted your opinions. Nothing you or anyone else has said is based on fact... just your opinions from your perspective. I have provided examples and stated the obvious when it comes to power conferences and not just "BCS" conferences. There is a big difference and the final BCS rankings prior to bowl games have taken that into account more than record alone. A few of you guys seem to be stuck on record for justification of your opinion. In a nutshell - what I have pointed out is not at all baseless; contrarywise, it is not in line with your opinion therefore you discount my rationale. No objectivity.

In order to properly address any audience you must first know who you are dealing with and based on your affiliation and a few others it has become painfully obvious why you cannot see the forest for the trees. For you, this thread has become more about your team's/conferences perspective than the objective one.

This was not the direction I was hoping to take this thread and a few of you that have responded are so deep in your own argument that objectivity and rationale is an impossibility. I'm done with ya!

Last edited by JohnDoh; 08-25-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #31
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Again you and several others are proving that you are neither unbiased, nor correct. I stated an opinion of the state of this games ranking logic based on precedence concerning BCS rankings and you and a few others have posted your opinions. Nothing you or anyone else has said is based on fact... just your opinions from your perspective. I have provided examples and stated the obvious when it comes to power conferences and not just "BCS" conferences. There is a big difference and the final BCS rankings prior to bowl games have taken that into account more than record alone. A few of you guys seem to be stuck on record for justification of your opinion. In a nutshell - what I have pointed out is not at all baseless; contrarywise, it is not in line with your opinion therefore you discount my rationale. No objectivity.

In order to properly address any audience you must first know who you are dealing with and based on your affiliation and a few others it has become painfully obvious why you cannot see the forest for the trees. For you, this thread has become more about your team's/conferences perspective than the objective one.

This was not the direction I was hoping to take this thread and a few of you that have responded are so deep in your own argument that objectivity and rationale is an impossibility. I'm done with ya!
1) You make the statement that you need to know your audience and their affiliations while making the claim that it is not possible for us to be objective since we are affiliated with another team. You, as an Alabama fan, are arguing in favor of Alabama - how is that objective? You also fail to point out that someone affiliated with your "god" conference, the SEC, also disputes your claims.

2) I will agree that we are all sharing opinions on this forum, which in turn make your opinions no better than anything anyone has shared here - so I find it funny that you try to take this high ground stance in this post.

3) You stated in the title of this thread that the logic is broke, yet provide no concrete details that demonstrate anything is broke - only opinions that you have.

4) You use the word "obvious" when referring to anything that you say yet discredit those that have given concrete examples from the actual BCS.

5) Your argument about those affiliated with another school tainting their view and objectivity is what I called baseless. As I said before the only thing broke here is your logic as to who can be objective and who can't.

Finally, you state that this was not the direction you wanted to take with this thread, then what was? You created a threading saying something was "broke" in the game and people are questioning this statement on whether it is really "broke" or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #32
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

"i'm not biased one bit, those who disagree with me are SO SO biased"

you're just mad that utah embarrassed you and now another small western team has passed you in the rankings. you probably thought you should have been ranked ahead of Utah after the sugar bowl because after all you play in the mighty SEC and on field results should be trumped by conference affiliation. the wonderful irony is that you were ranked # 4 when utah kicked your *** and then ranked #4 when nevada passed you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »