Home

Any ETA on patch #3?

This is a discussion on Any ETA on patch #3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Any ETA on patch #3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
"Silly bug"? Disagree.
I don't mean that it's silly in terms of impact. Obviously it's crippled online play for many people. What I mean is that it should be trivially easy to fix. Backward pump-faking isn't a huge cornerstone of gameplay, and they shouldn't have to destroy some other part of the AI to fix this. Just disable the backward fake - problem solved.

Quote:
I could care less if the pump fake was even in the game, because what they have now is a game-breaker.
I care a lot about the pump fake being in the game, and I guarantee you if you throw up a poll, many other people do too. People are always complaining about the game taking steps backward and removing features - why would you think the best possible fix is to remove a feature that a lot of quarterbacks do on half or more of their dropbacks? Anybody that is trying to have a sim football experience does NOT want this removed. If you don't use it, fine, but it's a centerpiece of my whole passing game. I fake to pull off safeties to one side, I fake to try to get DBs to bite on double-move routes... it has a number of uses that are based directly on real football tactics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #26
Rookie

Simp's Arena

Quote:
Let me go out on a limb here: this "one silly bug" is the worst bug in the history of sports games, on any generation of console. In no other instance can I ever recall a bug that guarantees any user with even one hand to work the controller an instant touchdown from anywhere on the field. It's THAT bad.
The lefty glitch (MVP Baseball 2004) might have something to say about that.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #27
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
"Silly bug"? Disagree.
I could care less if the pump fake was even in the game, because what they have now is a game-breaker. Literally this game shouldn't sell a single copy with the way the pumpfake is now. The game is literally unplayable because of "one silly bug".

Let me go out on a limb here: this "one silly bug" is the worst bug in the history of sports games, on any generation of console. In no other instance can I ever recall a bug that guarantees any user with even one hand to work the controller an instant touchdown from anywhere on the field. It's THAT bad.
Rubbish.

The pump fake glitch is bad, and definitely needs to be fixed asap, but let's not overstate things here. A glitch that requires a user to take a specific action that can in no way, shape or form be considered within the realm of normal gameplay (in this case, pump faking towards ones own end zone) does not render that game "completely unplayable". As bad as this is, it's negative consequences can only have an effect on the outcome of a game if a player makes a conscious choice to use it.

Don't use it, don't play against folks who do. Problem solved.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Worst. Idea. Ever. Stripping out features that many use, that make the game feel far more real and complex, because of one silly bug? That is a major-level overreaction. All they have to do is prevent pump-faking anything except a forward pass.
I mean, there was something wrong with pump fake before patch 2. Then patch 2 came along and made it worse. Who knows when patch 3 might fix it, but we are looking at around 2 months of it being wrong. That is unacceptable.

Obviously in a perfect world everyone would not abuse this glitch. But, the videogaming community is filled with asshats that will cheese their opponents repeatedly just to win. I used pump fake in past versions, and would prefer it not be scrapped...but the game is being tarnished by these dumb glitches that make it difficult to enjoy the things that are done well in Ncaa 11

Last edited by don flamenco; 08-26-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #29
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by don flamenco
I mean, there was something wrong with pump fake before patch 2. Then patch 2 came along and made it worse. Who knows when patch 3 might fix it, but we are looking at around 2 months of it being wrong. That is unacceptable.

Obviously in a perfect world everyone would not abuse this glitch. But, the videogaming community is filled with asshats that will cheese their opponents repeatedly just to win. I used pump fake in past versions, and would prefer it not be scrapped...but the game is being tarnished by these dumb glitches that make it difficult to enjoy the things that are done well in Ncaa 11
What was wrong with it before patch 2? I've never had any problems with it.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I second that question. I used it like always against the CPU and never saw anything outrageous. I saw one pre-patch 2 video claiming to show a pump fake "glitch" and all I saw was that it was SLIGHTLY overpowered against certain DBs at certain times - basically they would bite on the fake a little too hard and the receiver would end up five yards downfield before they started covering again.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
From the patch 2 fixes thread....

"Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes."

I didn't notice it as well, probably because it didn't result in a TD every time...but apparently it was messed up to the point that they felt it needed correcting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #32
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by don flamenco

those people will be there, pump fake glitch or not. it will never change. those people will do anything and everything to win. glitch, cheat, exploit, etc.. they usually play the game, and not play football(if that makes sense).

Quote:
I believe it was too effective versus man coverage. I didn't notice it that much, but there were people here complaining about it. it had nothing to do with pump faking backwards, it was with normal pump fakes.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »