Home

How many punt returns for TD have you had?

This is a discussion on How many punt returns for TD have you had? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:34 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: How many punt returns for TD have you had?

1 for over 80 yds.....and it was called back for clipping...The profanity that spewed from my mouth after that call was immense.Let's just say the neighbours were quite upset with the verbage that was heard.

Last edited by DirtyCobra; 08-31-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

Zero for me after 3 seasons in dynasty.

Had 1 kickoff return.

Computer doesn't even make it to the 20 sometimes on kickoff returns
Old 08-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #27
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Well I have had about 4 or 5 and avg. about almost 20yards a return. Reason why is I put it on punt block return. (it is the one were it looks like all your guys are going to rush the kicker but than a few stay back, this forces the cpu to put all their guys in to block).

Anyways sometimes i run a lineman back to help block the rush, i hate doing that because i feel like it's a cheat but god the cpu can't block. I don't do the run lineman back on online though if i do play that because that will be called cheesy. Anyways doing it like this you have a real good chance to break one especially against low end teams. If you have a fast guy and playing a low end team you can pretty much get close to breaking one each time.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:50 AM   #28
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

zero for both
Old 08-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
The only time I will ever get a punt return TD is when I play a very low rated school. All I hav to hope for is that I block the two gunners and then I just go one way, then once I'm past those two guys, I run towards the other side of the field. It usually forces the coverage team to change direction and towards your blockers.
That's it in a nutshell. I had two vs. FCS East and I imagine if I loaded my schedule with similarly bad teams I could get a few more. I never get more than 10-15 yards against decent teams. My technique is the exact same - block the gunners (I usually pull back one of my outside guys to make sure I get a block right before the catch is made), get past them, and reverse field. Then it's just about spacing and speed. If you're lucky you'll have enough of a window and a fast enough return guy to take it to the house. If you're unlucky, you'll get the usual ten yards or less.

Also, lower speed threshold helps. The lower the better.

I haven't had any kickoff returns in my last 4 seasons of play, but I had two in two games once, and I really couldn't say why. One of them I just got really lucky and had a one-in-a-million lane open up almost right down the middle of the field. The other I was trying to bounce it outside and made two guys whiff with spin moves, and suddenly I had an open sideline to glory. I've never been so lucky in about 50 games since then. I've taken a couple to the other team's 20 or 15 yard line though.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:40 AM   #30

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Through 3 seasons of my Tulane dynasty (Heisman level):

No punt returns. I have had one kickoff return TD (in year 3) and another should-have-been TD if not for me hitting the celebration button too early and getting tackled (this actually happened on the first game of my dynasty).

My longest PR I think was about 15-20 yards. I don't have the best PR in the world though.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've returned 2 punts (currently) in my 3rd season and I feel that's realistic. five never returned a kickoff more than 34 yards though. What's the trick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #32
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Absolutely none. Maybe I'm just not that good, but I remember having more realistic numbers in the PS2 versions of the game.

You certainly don't want it where you just have an open lane everytime there's a punt. The EA staff addressed this problem and said that they tried like 100 of them and actually got higher than the NFL/college average. But I just don't feel like there's any opportunity to break one and the play looks the same EVERY time. The two gunners run down; they usually get blocked or partially blocked. If the blocking is good, you can try to run left or right. But since the game kills any momentum you have once you make any sort of cut, you basically develop stone feet and don't have a prayer of escaping the defenders who have been running straight for 30 yards. This is true whether it's a speedy cornerback chasing you or a 270-pound lineman. Turbo button might have been cheesy, but one area where they didn't really account for its omission was in the return game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »