Home

I think I may have figured out why play action pass gets blown up so often

This is a discussion on I think I may have figured out why play action pass gets blown up so often within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: I think I may have figured out why play action pass gets blown up so often

Even more worthless? Calling all out blitzes. Never work. CPU knows you're calling it and the QB will get it out easily for a long pass 9/10 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, one thing you can try with the mind reading CPU, which is also part of the problem, is to audible into the playaction play.

The CPU still might read your mind somehow but probably less often.

On some plays no matter what you do the CPU is going to know the play.

I also notice my playaction works more when it is a "Setup" play...more, not all the time.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Esquire
Well, one thing you can try with the mind reading CPU, which is also part of the problem, is to audible into the playaction play.

The CPU still might read your mind somehow but probably less often.

On some plays no matter what you do the CPU is going to know the play.

I also notice my playaction works more when it is a "Setup" play...more, not all the time.
I'm not saying PA never works... It does sometimes, especially if the CPU isnt showing blitz. But all too often a DL or DE breaks through even if there is no blitz and you just can't get it off in time.

What's even worse is PA from shotgun. That hasn't worked since 09 maybe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Playaction works, just not on 3rd and long when my friend always calls it. Anyways...

Let me be quite clear: PLAYACTION IS NOT BROKEN.

One person mentioned the blitzing, which is a huge issue. If the CPU is blitzing multiple guys fairly regularly you're just asking to get a huge loss on PA.

Another issue, which seems to have been stumbled upon by SECElite in his sliders, is that of the significant impact of the run defense slider. Run defense set too high will lead to "seek and destroy" mentality by the defenders. Their pursuit rating/ability is clearly enhanced, so why wouldn't their play recognition ability?

A possible issue may be that of stamina for your o-line. In my experience my o-line gets fatigued more than the CPU defenders and will cause a drop in their performance, even to the point of jailbreaks. A run up the middle will get stuffed because my interior gets beat, so a PA will get tore up because my interior gets beat.

Playaction will work for me when used properly. One interesting thing I've noticed is it appears to be more effective when I am mixing in pass plays, and in fact even emphasizing the pass. The more you run, the more successful you run, the more the CPU will stack the box to stop the run (including blitzing). I also had kept in the TE (I use alot of PA roll-outs) for blocking, however he blocks before releasing and serves as a valuable check-down option if coverage is tight or pressure does come.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

PA works. You just have to be effective with your running game and you must take a good pre-snap read. If six are coming then it's a no-go. If you diagnose one extra guy coming then slide your protection accordingly and don't be afraid to use your max protection; keeping a back and/or TE in.

For me, I'm getting the same amount of pressure as I would with a normal pass play, especially if I'm going against a line that has impact players across the board.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #14
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3

Sorry but it's just broken. Everyone here is making excuses for why it doesnt work - blitzing, having to pass more instead of run, etc. Bottom line is you can't use it strategically in the same sense that you could in a real football game. Therefore it's broken.

After looking at it carefully the problem is two fold in my opinion.
1) The O-line offers ole pass blocking when you call these plays. Blitz or not, D lineman are simply ignored by the O-line on these plays.

2) The PA animation is too slow. It takes too long to get to where you can throw the ball.

Even when PA does work (which is 10% of the time) - I am contantly running for my life. If I get a pass of at all it's while getting clobbered.

Can't we all admit that it just doens't work and needs adjusting. Could they add a PA slider maybe? Maybe that and a special teams slider?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
No, it doesn't work. You can run 20 dives in a row, get 5 yards per dive..****n a PA off the dive fake, and still get sacked by the time you complete your fake.

the playaction passes are just a waste of space and memory.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/33432430
get that run game going

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/33431987
get that run game going...

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/33432362
BAM!!!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/33431690
BAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
playaction works Baby!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
PA works fine. Just fine. And setting it up with the run absolutely does help. As someone already noted, the CPU is blitz happy, and when you play on the higher difficulty levels they have mind-reading playcalling, and will a lot of times call huge blitzes when you're running a PA. You should be calling an audible when it's obvious the CPU is bringing 2+ extra guys and you called a PA pass. If you don't, it's on you.

If, however, they are not blitzing you will have success. I've used the PA successfully too many times, and have posted about it (including video evidence) here too many times to continue to have people whine about it and call it broken. If you can't get the PA pass to work, try harder.
I agree it's not broken.Just needs to be set up to work.It could work better,but it's certaintly not broken in my opinion.
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »