Home

Anyone else disappointed in the tuning process?

This is a discussion on Anyone else disappointed in the tuning process? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Anyone else disappointed in the tuning process?

I know some people are going to jump on me, but the Tuner process is leaving me disappointed. It seems like the releases are going to be few and far between with long wait intervals.

There are some things that are in desperate need of tuning at this point. The way it sounded it would be relatively easy to release the tuners server side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Anyone else disappointed in the tuning process?

I think they're easy to release, but EA is apparently not jumping on the opportunity to make smaller and faster tweaks. Maybe they don't trust themselves to get it right, or maybe the feedback they're getting on previous changes has been really mixed. I know the response to patch #2 and its tuner was really sharply divided - lots of people hated it and lots of people thought it was pretty good.

(Personally I mostly liked it, but I'd like to see QB accuracy dialed back, and of course the pump fake glitch fixed. I'd also love to see playaction tweaked for the better, but that might require a patch and not just a tuner. Do those few things and the game is pretty great in my book.)
Old 08-31-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

The tuner sets are much better on NHL 10. NHL tells you exactly what was changed and allows you to pick between and tweak each tuner set.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

They may have planned on doing more tuners but put the brakes on after the last patch.

They don't know what they're doing with this stuff. Don't get me wrong I like the game but in my opinion the game got worse after the tuners and patch 2. A lot of peopleagree with that but even if you don't the pump fake glitch has been enough alone to make ea slow down their process.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Can't say I'm disappointed. I didn't think they would release more then 3 tuner sets in the first place. I think after the 2nd patch did so much to the game both good and bad that they may not want to mess around with any more. I had rather EA leave the game as is then to half-a** something and mess the game up so bad it gets traded. The issues most are having are not killing the game for me. I only play off line so the pump fake glitch only happens when I do it by mistake. The linebackers with super leaping ability I can get past by not holding the button to throw to a receiver over the middle. The recruits look much better. I signed a 3* JuCo So QB that came in as a 79ovr in my second class. Other players I have signed look good and play better then before. I just hope if EA does anything else they take their time and get it right and not mess up other parts of the game that were working before the tuner set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Tuner process is fine. I rather they take their time and fully test it, then rush out with a tuner update every other week. Because any programmer will tell you, when you change code in one area, sometimes it might mess up the code many pages down the line in another spot as a side effect.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

i was expecting updates more often too. but i guess that`s all we are going to get a tune file when a patch is released.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

- Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver

they have got to get more specific. they need to say in which direction anything was tuned. i still dont see with two patches and tuner sets how the kicking game at least for humans hasnt been made more difficult. anything to lower the distance and accuracy.

i do worry about them tweaking the punt returns because the 2nd wave is of defenders is a little too good while its way too easy to get past the gunners because the blockers on the outside set up in perfect position almost every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »