Home

flexbone option help

This is a discussion on flexbone option help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
flexbone option help

first i want to know what teams are the best for running this offense. lsu looks pretty good to and what to do against a 44 defense. i know i should pass when they come at me like this but what plays and what works best. als o just some tips on running this offense. audibles or pbs matter? also is this offense worth it in this game? i know on the triple option i get caught form behind alot.....thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
Rookie

southwvboy's Arena

Re: flexbone option help

You have to have a ok FB with at least 79 speed and 80-85 acc. The key to the flex bone is being able to read the end just like in real life. If he stays his ground give it to the fb if he crashes in keep to the outside. It's something you have to practice.

The bad part about the flexbone is that it won't let you hot rout from which side you are running the play. if you are in the one with the two rbs fb te and wideout and you call the option to the strong side and they load it up over there as the cpu does you can't hot rout to run it with the other wing back and if you flip the play the TE and WR will switch sides and they will still be over loaded to that side so you have to use all your audibles to be mirror plays to what you would call. Like in the formation I just mentioned there is a triple option that goes to the tight end and then there is a triple option counter that goes to the weak side. you have to have one of those in your preset audibles so you can check at the line when the cpu cheezes. I'm using Kentucky right now and wore UofL out with it. Now when I play Florida I'm sure it won't be the same. If you can learn to read the end you can bust a couple big runs with your fullback each game like you see navy and GT do. And against the 4-4 you will more then likely need to be patient and use the FB until you can get them right for the picking. once you get outside on that thing it's over.

I hope this wasn't confusing. If so let me know.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Rookie

vaeath's Arena

OVR: 2

i started to run this against the computer today and i noticed all you have to do is read the DE

if he crashes to the lie run to the right and pitch

if he stays still for a second and starts coming straight out give it to the FB

just have to get use to it and think FAST of what your going to do

each time i read it right i gained atleast 5 yards average
Old 09-09-2010, 12:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeath
i started to run this against the computer today and i noticed all you have to do is read the DE

if he crashes to the lie run to the right and pitch

if he stays still for a second and starts coming straight out give it to the FB

just have to get use to it and think FAST of what your going to do

each time i read it right i gained atleast 5 yards average
At the risk of sounding like a jerk (which isn't my intention), that's pretty much the whole point of the triple option. Read the DE, if he crashes keep it, if he doesn't hand off to the FB. The only thing you left out was what to do if you keep it. If the LB goes for the HB, you hold it and dive inside; if the LB comes after you, you pitch it.

There are ways to defend the option, but it's difficult and this game isn't very good at doing it without "bending the rules." It's entirely dependent on the DBs shedding their blocks and (more importantly) the LBs holding to their assignments, which is why the 4-4 is effective.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #5
Rookie

i play against humans mostly so hlpe against them is nice
and what team should i be gtck is ok but qb sucks at passing bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 01:37 AM   #6
Rookie

southwvboy's Arena

try Nevada. Kaprineck (I know I slaughtered the spelling) is a Pat White like QB and they have a crap ton of good backs.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
Rookie

i need a good team for online play so nevada wont work rreally
bama with star johnson maybe idk a good fullback is realy nice also so idk
Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Follow the link in my sig. I know shameless promotion. I have a nice video on the flexbone.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »