Home

120 ways to win my fanny

This is a discussion on 120 ways to win my fanny within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
120 ways to win my fanny

I've been tinkering with different styles such as the navy option, oregon's spread, nevada's pistol, hawaii's run n shoot, PSU's multiple offense...

They have royally screwed up the assignments for the lineman on every type of option offense imaginable.

Eastern Michigan is my guinea pig...that I play against.

Navy. 41 carries 97 yards. Why? The freakin BACKSIDE DE and DT are ALWAYS on me by the time I make my read. I give to the FB, they instantly collapse...I keep because the playside DE crashes down, the backside DT and DE are up my poopshoot instantly.

Nevada has the pistol read...same freakin thing. The backside DT and DE are instantly on you if you make the right read and keep if the playside DE crashes down. Nevada had 39 carries 105 yards

Oregon. I lost this freakin game 31-17. Oregon had 61 yards on 43 carries vs EMU because just as with Navy and Nevada, the backside DE, DT and LB are always on you if you make the right read and keep...if the DE stays home and you give to the TB, the backside DT and DE are up his poopshoot.

Seems like the only styles that actually have correct OL assignments are Pro and Air Raid. The ONLY way I can actually run the option where I get proper OL reads is when I have CPU run D down to 20, and my run blocking up to 80. The backside DT and DE are no longer an issue at that juncture.

I'm amazed at how god awful EA screwed up the option in this version of the game. Last year it worked pretty damn good (at least Oregon's offense and Navy's triple option)...this year it just seems the OL assignments are all F'd up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: 120 ways to win my fanny

Actually I couldn't agree more. The option in the game is TERRIBLE. Everything else is pretty spot on except for maybe the special teams. Georgia Tech the most prolific running team in the country is pretty much useless in this game along with the other option teams you mentioned.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Yes, it is bad. What makes matters worse is the CPU's recruiting, which has been widely discussed. Go about 4 years into your dynasty and look at Georgia Tech. They will most likely be well under .500 with a pocket passer in at QB. I'm playing Georgia Tech right now in year 4 of my dynasty, and here are the ratings of their starting QB (a junior, so one of the first recruits by the CPU):

6'3", 184lbs
OVR 82
SPD 69
STR 53
AGI 69
ACC 68
BCV 67

Somehow they're 5-5 right now and currently 4th in the nation in rushing, but I would imagine that's a product of the computer simulations placing emphasis on prestige and overall ratings, because after the first quarter I've held them to 0 points, 9 rushes for -4 yards. All I did was set QB contain to conservative and blitz my OLBs (I run a 3-4) and I'm good to go. What's worse is here are the stats for their backup QB (a redshirt senior, mind you, backing up a true junior):

OVR 82 (SAME FREAKING OVR RATING AND A SENIOR. HELLO?)
SPD 83
STR 67
AGI 85
ACC 90
BCV 71

So yeah, the flexbone option is basically useless for the CPU. I've actually had a bit more luck with it myself in the limited time I've used it than you had, but it's still not great. The real problem is that their "Real Assignment AI blocking" is just poorly managed man blocking. Even if you use zone blocking plays, they rarely work properly, especially if there's a blitz. You'll watch as a guard will just run up to block a safety and run right by the blitzing LB despite the LB being in his zone, all because the AI decided before you snapped that the safety was that guy's "man to block."
Old 09-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

Why would anyone wanna try to win "your fanny"????
Old 09-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #5
Rookie

Cornwallus's Arena

OVR: 1

Especially with 120 ways to win your fanny.... ewww
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

Pretty much. The CPU cannot defend the pass and makes zero adjustments to do so. However, if you try to run an option play, you quickly find out how pointless that is. Every once in a while you can get a decent FB gain or maybe get one outside with the QB enough to get some yards, but it's mostly a 1-3 yard gain. I've gone so far as to bump up my sliders up so I have a fighting chance. I'd say at least 50% of plays that I don't give to my FB my QB gets nailed by at least two players and sometimes more before I can even think about finishing the option play. If my line can't even keep a block for longer than a second, what is the point of 120 ways to win?

The fact that I've played some games with teams like Ohio St. and could barely move the ball is proof that the option is broken on this game. The CPU players have 99 awareness when it comes to stopping option plays. They read it perfectly every time and have awesome pursuit against it. Never once does the CPU get caught off balance on an option play like you would normally see in real life. It's really disappointing that all the option has turned into is a slow developing run play that has little chance to succeed.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I've seen guys online run the option to perfection, to the point where you basically want to pull your hair out. You guys are the only ones i've ever heard complain about the option not working well, because if the option worked any better online play would be even more dreadful, stop complaining before EA goes back to the drawing bored and make the option even more overpowered than it already is. all we would see against humans is (wishbone tight power options/ace twin tE slot speed option)

Also i know a guy who runs GT PB to perfection, and i have been able to run the read option pretty well, out of spread flex.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
I've seen guys online run the option to perfection, to the point where you basically want to pull your hair out. You guys are the only ones i've ever heard complain about the option not working well, because if the option worked any better online play would be even more dreadful, stop complaining before EA goes back to the drawing bored and make the option even more overpowered than it already is. all we would see against humans is (wishbone tight power options/ace twin tE slot speed option)

Also i know a guy who runs GT PB to perfection, and i have been able to run the read option pretty well, out of spread flex.
Many guys still play against the cpu. Online vs. offline impressions can be drastically different. Why don't you respect the impressions of the option game for offline?

The cpu runs it poorly and I agree that if they want to market 120 ways to win they need to make sure all of those offense types should have an equal chance to be successful. If you watched the Michigan game this past weekend you would NEVER see the cpu run that offense in this game that well. It just doesn't happen. They are far more successful running pro style offenses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »