Home

Pipelines (OD's)...whats the most you have ever had?

This is a discussion on Pipelines (OD's)...whats the most you have ever had? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #17
Rookie

the.shrike29's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pipelines (OD's)...whats the most you have ever had?

I am up to seven, and one guy away from 8

will report back if i have anything to add after i exceed 10
Old 09-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

ok..ill take the lurkers into account....

im kinda in a hurry so ill answer more questions later that i can but from what i remember:

!. you need 4 players on your team from any given state for that team to be considered at pipeline state...they must be on your roster once the season begins so if you cut them at the cut player screen it does not count towards the 4 player count....

I think that BC started with 7...MA, CT, NJ, PA, OH, IL, FL,

i should have....MA, CT, NJ, PA, OH, IL, FL, MD, CN, NY,

but as of the 2nd season i dont have or am not getting credit for: NJ, NY

so as of season 2 i added MD, CN, NY...Dont sleep on canada it only produces like 22 prosepects but nobody has a pipeline to canada so almost all the kids are in your top 10...consider the state like finding diamonds in the rough or finding really good 2*....point being it doesnt produce that many players but any good player the state produces you have a really good chance of being in that kids top 10....

ill answer more later but im in a pinch 4 time rt now.....ill also look into changing the title of the thread if i can

thanks

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 09-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by isd71
The thread title doesn't help either. It sounds more like let's compare and see if I have more than you and not help I am suppose to have 10 pipeline states but the game only lets me have 8.

As for me, I have only run one dynasty so far. I started with Utah State (1*) and they had two at the start. I have expanded that to five states so far though I might lose Utah if that is possible. No good players from their will sign with me but I can get all sorts of talent in CA, TX and CO for some reason.

I find that remarkable (that you will loose Utah as a pipeline.)
Old 09-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
The first dynasty I do every year is with Oregon State, and I lose Oregon as a pipeline state every single time. Never enough quality players in the state that are interested. I could win 3 national titles in a row and 4 star players from Oregon don't even have me in the top 10 half the time, so I dont ever bother going after a lot of the few quality players Oregon produces.

As for the OP, I may have an answer for you next week. I started a dynasty with Idaho and it starts with 6 or 7 pipelines, and I should be adding several new ones.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #21
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Don't have an answer but I would say try it with another school that has a high number of pipeline states and see what happens. I would assume based on your first post there is a limit. Hope you get your answer though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #22
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
The first dynasty I do every year is with Oregon State, and I lose Oregon as a pipeline state every single time. Never enough quality players in the state that are interested. I could win 3 national titles in a row and 4 star players from Oregon don't even have me in the top 10 half the time, so I dont ever bother going after a lot of the few quality players Oregon produces.

As for the OP, I may have an answer for you next week. I started a dynasty with Idaho and it starts with 6 or 7 pipelines, and I should be adding several new ones.
Thats basically the point i was trying to make with my Canada comments....aside from FL, TX, and CA

you have to do some research into not only how many prospect does a state produce but how many of those kids even have you in their top 10

so as an example lets go back to Canada...lets say the cap is 8 (not positive yet it is). MD produces 2x the amount of Kids than Canada...so lets say 44 to 22 give or take....but of the 44 prospects from MD maybe 10-15 have me in their top 10 and that doesnt even mention where im at on that top 10 list....or the caliber of the player

now lets take Canada...Im prolly going to be on atleast around 12-15 of those 22 kids top 10..not counting what caliber they are

now if i had to choice between the 2...id choose Canada because for 1 im prolly the only school with a pipeline there meaning im prolly the only school getting in-state bonuses....whereas several schools have MD as a pipeline. but also from a total amount of kids/BC in their top 10 ratio standpoint....Canada is a more effective pipeline....

Im not trying to sell Canada as a must pipeline to have esp if your not close to the border..all im trying to convey is that its more than what states produce the most kids...its how many of those kids actually have you in the top 10...

4ex...im in FL as well, but im always like 7-10 on the top10 list majority of time on the big time recruits...and i dont even waste my time trying to Battle the south powerhouses

EDIT: Does anyone know how to change the title of the thread?

-- TajDeni
Old 09-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #23
Rookie

isd71's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I haven't lost it yet but seeing how it is 2014 and I am down to 24 players (original roster has 61) from Utah it seems like a possibility.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #24
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

bump....still trying to find an answer...right now the cap is set at 8....ive been looking on the interner and cant find a solid answer....cant believe i have the most pipelines out of everyone who plays ncaa11...maybe thats so...but im still look for more data

-- TajDeni

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »