Home

Bad Officiating. Missed Field Goal Good.

This is a discussion on Bad Officiating. Missed Field Goal Good. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Bad Officiating. Missed Field Goal Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
I like what the OP describes. I'm glad that the refs aren't robots who always make the right calls. I'm not talking about the ball going through the uprights stuff either. I'm talking about the ball going barely wide and the refs call it a FG when it should be a miss and vice versa. It would suck though if they missed called one of your good FGs, but hey that can happen in real life. I wonder if these would be eligible for a coaches challenge?
No it's not. And even knowing that before hand, I still tried to challenge it ha. Even though it was in my favor.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

I kicked a field goal in a game in the first season of my Dayton Rockets dynasty that hit the right upright, on the inside edge, went through, and was called no good. I tried to do a coach's challenge, but it's not a challenge play.

I checked the replay over and over, and saw that the ball did hit the upright, changed speed and direction, confirming that a collision did take place.

You'd think that EA would value scoring plays above all else. You'd think that EA would also want people who know football rules to be satisfied when they see something that is a rules situation. But apparently, there must be some difficulty programming the game to recognize the ball and the upright.

Other kicks that hit the upright and bounce outside the space between the uprights are correctly called no good. It's baffling!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

I actually had an opposite issue once. It was a long FG, and the ball looked like it was just going to clip the cross bar and flip over. But instead of the bottom tip hitting the bar and the ball flipping through the uprights, it hit an invisible wall and fell straight to the ground, like it hit the crossbar center on. I was actually pretty upset about it because I was only up 3 points and there was like 2 minutes left, but I think I managed to stop them anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13

I'd rather have that happen once in a while than the CPU nailing 65 yarders on heisman
Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
I'd rather have that happen once in a while than the CPU nailing 65 yarders on heisman
But that makes the game more difficult! You can't just have the other team execute better. Madness!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

I also had a kick that went barely inside the upright called no good. It was a close game, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »