Home

online community: why so many cheesers?

This is a discussion on online community: why so many cheesers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: online community: why so many cheesers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Disagreed. On APF 2k8 you can play lobby games and consistently find sim players to go against. The rating system they had really made it easy to avoid the cheesers and the developers did a fairly decent job of limiting the exploits/potential cheese.

I don't want to make this into another 2k vs EA debate, my only point is that it is possible to create an online experience where sim players don't feel left in the dark. I don't understand this type of mentality from EA fans that implies that we should adapt or limit our experience, instead of urging the developers to cater to their hardcore fans.
I was referring to online gaming in general, not that every single game ever made was like that with no exceptions. I've played a ton of games over the years, and in the majority of the online ones(at least the "popular" ones that have a larger user base), there have been people that would do anything just to be on top of a leaderboard or just to win at all cost, including cheats/exploits/glitches/etc.... a lot of people just don't care to play "sim" or by the "rules" or however you want to put it.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 09-15-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #18
Pro

Buke14's Arena

OVR: 9

I just got Live yesterday and have play I think 5 games and have had 5 guys who fit this thread.

3 guys picked Ohio State and ran with Pryor on every play or scrambled/threw with him.

The two others picked Michigan and used Robinson in the same way.

My 2nd game I actually was able to force alot of TO's on OSU and with FSU @ the Shoe I won on a last seconds FG and as the ball went through the uprights with :00 on the clock, he quit.

I just wanna find people who can play the right way (opinion, I know but most people agree with my opinion) and if you lose, you lose.
Go Thunder!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yep....it is just the whole human ego thing. People like to brag about their rank, win and lost record. Therefore people cheese just to get the W added to their record.

I have seen it in every sports game.......People choose the team that have the highest rated players ALL THE TIME instead of playing with random teams.

In baseball games - see Yankees all day

NBA - last year it was the Lakers, Cavs, Celtics.....This year I gurantee you going to see Miami all day, probably won't even come across a Cavs player online this year

NCAA - Alabama, Ohio St all day. Back when Pat White played, it was W.VA all day with people running around with Pat White. Samething last year when it was Florida and people running with Tebow all day.
I play random ranked games and for the most part this is true. But you can certainly find a decent game if you have patience. Basically, I play with a random team every time. I won't play Ohio state or Bama which means its going to take a minute to find someone. But eventually you will find someone who picks someone other than the typical teams and if they don't have an outrageous record and a high DNF % you have a decent chance at a good game.

So my advice is simple. Don't play someone who uses Bama, or Ohio State. Don't play someone with a crazy good record, and don't play someone with a high DNF.

99% of the people I play have a record around 500, a little lower, little higher and these are the people I find cheese the least.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I was referring to online gaming in general, not that every single game ever made was like that with no exceptions. I've played a ton of games over the years, and in the majority of the online ones(at least the "popular" ones that have a larger user base), there have been people that would do anything just to be on top of a leaderboard or just to win at all cost, including cheats/exploits/glitches/etc.... a lot of people just don't care to play "sim" or by the "rules" or however you want to put it.
Understood, but the devs could still do more to help us out.

One thing that needs to change is the difficulty for ranked games, or at least provide us the option, a hardcore ranked maybe on Heisman level. It's so easy to move the ball up and down the field on AA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »