Home

any indication that psychic cpu play calling will be adressed?

This is a discussion on any indication that psychic cpu play calling will be adressed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: any indication that psychic cpu play calling will be adressed?

i think by "track your tendencies" what it does is account for what plays you are calling, when, and how often.

i like to run a very run heavy O, the more frequently i run up the middle the D starts putting more and more guys in the box and even closer to the LOS, thus eventually stopping my running game altogether. get into a passing rhythm and they back it off.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

There is an easy way to prove that the CPU automatically knows what play you running.

Pick any pass play and come to the line of scrimmage, Audible from a pass to a run, the safeties will now move down and the cornerbacks will press.

Audible back to a pass, the safties will go back out deep and the cornerbacks back off.

Even when you do a same formation audible and there is no movement the defense reacts and knows what your running. Its cheap and ruins a lot of my enjoyment of the game.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #11
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxSnake
There is an easy way to prove that the CPU automatically knows what play you running.

Pick any pass play and come to the line of scrimmage, Audible from a pass to a run, the safeties will now move down and the cornerbacks will press.

Audible back to a pass, the safties will go back out deep and the cornerbacks back off.

Even when you do a same formation audible and there is no movement the defense reacts and knows what your running. Its cheap and ruins a lot of my enjoyment of the game.
then again, my policy is, if the cpu changes or motions, i show a different look as well.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxSnake

Better yet, get to the goal line and run a 4 receiver set to run and they come out in a goal line D, but come out in a 4 wide to pass and it is a base D.

I am all for the defense adapting to your tendancies as that is realistic, but when I run Iso, slam, and power running plays for the first half, then line up for a toss sweep in the second half and the D comes out in a base defense and spreads everyone out to cover the sweep; that is not adapting to my tendancies.

This also happens on offense, at least in my experience. For example, I can probably count on one hand the number of times the CPU has actually ran the ball into the blitz I call. Everytime I call a blitz to one side or the other the offense runs the ball to the opposite side, and this is without audibling.

I am all for making the game more difficult, but do it by making the teams play to their ratings, not by "super juicing" the CPU. Although, I believe for this to happen EA will yet again have to revamp their physics engine.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #13
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
this is BS. Ive tested this back and forth. Ive called 20 striaght pass plays then called a run and suddenly they go from nickel to 4-3, and ive called 20 straight spread options then called a pass and they suddenly go from 4-3 to nickel. It is obvious what is happening.
Are you running the same formation? Or are you going from spread to Iform or something like that?
Old 09-17-2010, 02:23 AM   #14
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

Some of the stuff you guys are claiming I haven't seen in this year's game. For instance, someone said come out in pass and then audible to a run and watch the safties, but I've done the opposite, came out to run, had the safties cheat up, audibled to pass, they back off. Ok, sounds like what you're talking about, EXCEPT that if you wait a moment, the safties cheat back up. No changing of plays.

I've also come out in five wide on the goalline, with a QB Draw called, and the defense did NOT line up in goalline.

All of this on Heisman. I'm not saying psychic play-calling doesn't happen, but it's not as cut and dry as some of you claim.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:25 AM   #15
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm going to disagree with franko on the part about psychic cpu offensive playcalling. I have them run into my blitzes and throw into my 8 man coverages all the time. The defensive playcalling is messed up though.

I will admit that it doesnt always happen. These goal line formations against 4 WR draws only happens about 70% of the time (still 70% too much though) and I find that calling plays in extreme (10 straight passes, runs 12/14 plays) and then switching does catch the cpu off guard.

However, when realistic offenses are called, such as 7 passes 3 runs, 5 passes 5 runs, etc, the cpu will always know what you've called. Every single time. Needs to be addressed, and hopefully if NCAA 12 has better defense than this game does now, the playcalling might be the most popularized issue next year, meaning a possible fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

is this in madden? or not? haven't noticed it playing the demo.

really wanted this game over madden for the franchise mode. but this has made it 100% no-buy for me.

if it isn't in madden then i will just go for that game even with the boring franchise, i care about gameplay more than anything and this TOTALLY takes away the strategy from the game.

its actually a horrible practice, something that unless 100% confirmed not in the following ncaa games will put me off this series for the forseeable future.

im suprised there hasn't been a bigger uproar, as this is plain and simple cpu cheating, totally draining any fairness and strategy away from, probably, the most strategic sport ever created.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »