Home

Starting running back unavailable mid-game

This is a discussion on Starting running back unavailable mid-game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Starting running back unavailable mid-game

I've had the same thing happen. I haven't tested specifically to confirm this, but it seems like it happens to me if the auto-sub system gets down to my 3rd back. If my first and second backs are auto-subbed out, it only auto-subs in up to the second.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:05 AM   #10
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoose12
I have started a dynasty with Wisconsin (PS3). First game of the year, 4th quarter and my starting RB Clay is no longer in the game. He is not injured, he is still in the depth charts as the starter, but when I go to formation subs my backup is shown as the RB in all formations. I tried to change this manually, and insert my starter, but it wouldn't change.

Same things happens in my second game, this time in the third quarter. I am now deep into the fourth quarter, and he has not been back on the field. Has anybody else experience this or is there something I am missing?
It's a bug that's been in since last year and yes it's related to the auto-subs and yes the EA devs are aware of it because half of us lit these boards up due to it. Unlike last year, when the fatigue system was broken, you can prevent this from happening now. The auto-sub feature works as intended as long as you keep your sub in numbers below 90. 80 out 85 in is ideal for all positions except QB and OL. They should only be subbed due to extreme fatigue so I set theirs at 65 out 70 in. There will be realistic substitutions with these settings.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had this happen a couple of times even with auto sub set at 85 and 80. What seemed to fix it for me is to change the offensive sub setting under coaching philosophies. On my Ole Miss dynasty it was set at 65 when i dropped it to 55, I didn't have the problem anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
It's a bug that's been in since last year and yes it's related to the auto-subs and yes the EA devs are aware of it because half of us lit these boards up due to it. Unlike last year, when the fatigue system was broken, you can prevent this from happening now. The auto-sub feature works as intended as long as you keep your sub in numbers below 90. 80 out 85 in is ideal for all positions except QB and OL. They should only be subbed due to extreme fatigue so I set theirs at 65 out 70 in. There will be realistic substitutions with these settings.
Mine are all below 90 and I still had it happen at the WR and RB position.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

tagged

will have to try this out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »