Home

2 quick questions, help please!

This is a discussion on 2 quick questions, help please! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
2 quick questions, help please!

Hey guys,

I just finished the regular season of the first year in my dynasty using Cal, but I have 2 quick questions. Firstly, I have 7 guys on my recruiting board that soft commited to me but I haven't offered them a scholarship, but can/will they hard commit even if I dont offer them a scholarship?

Secondly, I have trouble running the ball. Im using custom heisman sliders and it gives me some good competitive matches but my running game is bad. These are the stats:

---------ATT----YARDS-----AVG----TD---YPG----20+---BTK----FUMBLES
Vereen -288-----1102------3.8-----12----91.8----2------3-------17-----

The yards are good but I only had 2 runs of more than 20 yards over the course of a whole season! And only 3 broken tackels! When using AA sliders I easily have 4 runs for more than 20 yards per game....Any suggestions, besides stiff arms, spins and jukes -which I seem to be unable to pull off for some reason.

Ajax Amsterdam
Buffalo Bills
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: 2 quick questions, help please!

You could change the run defense and run blocking but I don't know about your other question
Old 09-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

No scholarship no commit. I tested this on a CB because I had more than enough my 2nd season. recruit started out with my school as his top pick. I recruited him heavy but didn't make an offer. He stayed on my board longer than I thought he would then around the 10-11 week committed to FSU who had offered him a scholarship despite my still being his top choice the week before.

As for the second question. From your stats he looks like a decent North/South power back. He's getting 24 carries a game and close to 100 yds. He'll keep defenses honest. Your issue is he's not "flashy". Most RB aren't. His acc is probably in the mid 80's and his agi is probably the same or lower. If you want flashy recruit HB's with higher numbers in those areas.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdogg70
No scholarship no commit. I tested this on a CB because I had more than enough my 2nd season. recruit started out with my school as his top pick. I recruited him heavy but didn't make an offer. He stayed on my board longer than I thought he would then around the 10-11 week committed to FSU who had offered him a scholarship despite my still being his top choice the week before.

As for the second question. From your stats he looks like a decent North/South power back. He's getting 24 carries a game and close to 100 yds. He'll keep defenses honest. Your issue is he's not "flashy". Most RB aren't. His acc is probably in the mid 80's and his agi is probably the same or lower. If you want flashy recruit HB's with higher numbers in those areas.
Some players, mostly the higher ranked ones, hold out for scholarships. I've gone all the way to signing day being top pick with no scholarship while 3 or 4 below have offered. I didn't need that player and was saving that Sship for another player, and it took til that last week for him to drop me way down his list for not giving him one.

Yet on the other hand, I have had a few players commit to me who weren't even on my board, I hadn't reached 25 players signed, and I was his top school at signing day and no Sships offers.

Basically, if someone else offers, if you want that player, you should offer at some point.

Last edited by swhyte21; 09-18-2010 at 02:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »