Home

Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on Pet Peeves within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #25
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhead

(2) The near impossibility of turning a soft verbal in the regular season, though it seems the CPU can do it all the time. It has gotten to the point where unless there's a week or two left in the season, if someone soft verbals elsewhere, and I have already thrown my promises to him, I just drop him.
I turn soft verbals all the time. It does seem impossible through phone calls, but 75% of the time they turn on visits if I am within -100 with the leading school, and nearly 100% if I am -1. (You need to have good pitches though too for the visit) It just comes down to scheduling so they do not visit until they already have your #1, or are very close. Just sucks though that visits can not be rescheduled this year.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #26
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
I turn soft verbals all the time. It does seem impossible through phone calls, but 75% of the time they turn on visits if I am within -100 with the leading school, and nearly 100% if I am -1. (You need to have good pitches though too for the visit) It just comes down to scheduling so they do not visit until they already have your #1, or are very close. Just sucks though that visits can not be rescheduled this year.
Yeah, I have turned one or 2 and I think that it should be a tough thing to do. EA got this right IMO.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #27

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhead
4- all recruiting related
----------------------

(1) I chased a 3* athlete with A+ speed in recruiting all year long. Was -20 to -40 points behind all year to Texas, who never offered him a scholarship. He committed to them, without a scholarship offer, on signing day.

I've taken this to indicate that the CPU offered him a scholly on the final week of recruiting.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Getting sacked on most play actions
i'll expand by saying the o-line at least one guy often either

a) decides to block the guy holding the first down marker on the right side of the field instead of his proper assignment.

b) thinks and acts like a turnstile.

c) goes to block his assignment but then at the last second, he decides to have a conversation with the uprights and just lets the defender through. (this also happens a lot with your RB's/FB's on outside runs, you think your going to pick up a block except the blocker at the last second decides to make love to the cornerback on the opposite side of the field).

or sometimes your entire o-line will decide to block left and the blitzing strongside LB is left with a clear path to your QB (which usually happens on PA rollouts where i'm rolling out to the right, same often applies if i'm rolling out to the left except the o-line leaves the weakside LB free to kill your QB.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Biggest pet peeve, by far, are sideline catches. I cannot tell you how many times I've had a wide open WR running an out route with nothing but green space in front of him only to have him catch the pass 5 yards from the sideline and then tip-toe and fall down. Especially when it's 3rd and 6 on a 5 yard out
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Old 09-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #30
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution37
Biggest pet peeve, by far, are sideline catches. I cannot tell you how many times I've had a wide open WR running an out route with nothing but green space in front of him only to have him catch the pass 5 yards from the sideline and then tip-toe and fall down. Especially when it's 3rd and 6 on a 5 yard out
The animations period by the sidelines suck. I can't remember the last time I saw someone get tackled OOB. It's almost always the shoulder-to-shoulder bump.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants-suck
online is 4th and 15 and people going for it in their 20 yard line
This! and get it just back running and then chucking
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »