Home

This game needs another tuner.

This is a discussion on This game needs another tuner. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: This game needs another tuner.

After playing several games I've come to the simple conclusion that this game is no longer challenging because of poor AI play calling.

I've also come to the conclusion that the only way to keep the CPU in the game is to nerf my offense via sliders. Remarkably, at the end of the games the CPU/USER stats are usually realistic, but I find the AI simply can not execute when it really matters.

It really is a sad reality because this probably is something that cannot be fixed with a tuner.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #10
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Your issue needs a tuner since you are stuck with default sliders (online), offline players are a different issue, either they need proper sliders or to learn how to play the game better.

Something else that needs to be addressed is superman dl and lb jumping 5ft into the air to deflect a pass.
This. This has came back with a vengeance and is just destroying the OD I'm in. Last year 2 guys ended undefeated, and 4 of us only lost user games. Now all of us have already lost, and we're in week 6. The top defensive player gave up 61 points to Oklahoma after the patch (we were looking for sliders to tone down Robo QB, and it was still a work in progress that week. Had Clemson go 20-24 on me, and the only incompletions were a user swat, 2 times the QB was hit when passing, and a drop).

But the superhuman linebackers and defensive linemen are getting RIDICULOUS now.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
This. This has came back with a vengeance and is just destroying the OD I'm in. Last year 2 guys ended undefeated, and 4 of us only lost user games. Now all of us have already lost, and we're in week 6. The top defensive player gave up 61 points to Oklahoma after the patch (we were looking for sliders to tone down Robo QB, and it was still a work in progress that week. Had Clemson go 20-24 on me, and the only incompletions were a user swat, 2 times the QB was hit when passing, and a drop).

But the superhuman linebackers and defensive linemen are getting RIDICULOUS now.
Out of curiosity, what difficulty level and sliders do you play on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
Passing is way too easy now, run game is weaker, and there is NO defense. Every game i play online lately is a shoot out. I really liked that the game was more defensive when it first came out. I'm not saying i liked all the dropped balls, battle balls, and mirror man coverage... but i did like that my defense had a chance. There are almost no dropped balls, no break ups, and i can't get a pass rush for my life. Everyone online is now dropping straight back and waiting for the open man. If you drop back (not turn and run), you can buy just enough time for someone to get open, regardless of the coverage. Even if you come straight through on an A Gap blitz. So annoying. I'm extra screwed b/c my team has weak defensive ratings to boot.

The next tuner needs to add in a few more of the drop/breakup animation that was overdone before. Also needs to kill the accuracy of QB's throwing while still dropping back (moving backwards).

Really not liking the gameplay these days... feels like NCAA 09.
Unfortunatley I have to agree with this post. They need to fix the cpu logic on field goals when playing on heisman level as well.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14

They need to make their tune files editable by the user....why would they create a file system like that and not allow the user to customize it for themselves?

EA is a baffling monolith. From NBA LIve/Elite to Madden to NCAA.....I have no idea what they are doing. Peter Moore....ugh.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #14
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

Just played Baylor on heisman default.

Im ND of course.

There QB stats 43/38 666 yds 4td 0 int

Granted hes a 87 ovr 85tha 87thp

But jeez my B+ defense got torched.

Its starts with the non existant pass rush and then the mentally challenged secondary.

I have 10+ yrs in of playing NCAA so yes i know how to play defense.

I just hate having to play shootouts every game.

I never liked to mess with sliders because it never seems to balance out for me.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #15
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkangil
Just played Baylor on heisman default.

Im ND of course.

There QB stats 43/38 666 yds 4td 0 int

Granted hes a 87 ovr 85tha 87thp

But jeez my B+ defense got torched.

Its starts with the non existant pass rush and then the mentally challenged secondary.

I have 10+ yrs in of playing NCAA so yes i know how to play defense.

I just hate having to play shootouts every game.

I never liked to mess with sliders because it never seems to balance out for me.
This game is unplayable without sliders, not to mention the fg logic of the cpu on the heisman level is an absolute joke. I've played this series since from the start. I don't expect the game to be perfect, it is a video game, but simple football logic that games in 1989 had is not too much to ask. They obviuosly know theres an issue, it is posted throughout these forums. It boggles my mind that they dont have someone play these games on each level before they realease it. Safe to say I'll never pre order another ea game. Quit messing with the fluff EA, next year just create a game that somewhat simulates a game please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

The problem is you guys actually play the cpu. I gave up on it 2 years ago. The AI can never match a human opponent. Get with the times, join some OD's!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »