Home

I need a lesson out of the 3-4 Steeler Run Package

This is a discussion on I need a lesson out of the 3-4 Steeler Run Package within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I need a lesson out of the 3-4 Steeler Run Package

I've been playing online and I've won the last 6 games, but the hardest games come against people with power packages.

I use Georgia and love the Pro style offense. I'll run between the tackle then go over top with AJ Green. But Georgia has the 3-4 package which is nice, except I can't seem to stop backs consistently enough like Clay from Wisconsin.

I'm not comfortable running a run commit often because frankly they'll eventually call your number and burn you for a 70 yard pass. Anyways, any defensive gurus out there who can help me with a good 3-4 run defensive package or set-up.

What would Bill Arnsparger do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: I need a lesson out of the 3-4 Steeler Run Package

There's no concept of gap assignments and 5-technique responsibilities, so trying to actually play a legitimate 3-4 is pretty useless. The only key to this game online is finding the right nano blitzes and manual blitzes to exploit the offensive line AI.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
There's no concept of gap assignments and 5-technique responsibilities, so trying to actually play a legitimate 3-4 is pretty useless. The only key to this game online is finding the right nano blitzes and manual blitzes to exploit the offensive line AI.
I think my man here might be right!
Old 10-02-2010, 02:51 AM   #4
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

He's very right. It doesnt help that you could have a 400 pound nose tackle and he will still be blocked perfectly one on one.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

that's quite depressing, lol.

John Clay ran all over me out of hte pistol, luckily I ran over him too--only allowing me to win by 3.

So throw out the 3-4? I can do that, sucks though. Never used it but liked blitz packages
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »