Home

3-4 Defensive Guide

This is a discussion on 3-4 Defensive Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
3-4 Defensive Guide

3-4 Defensive Guide

The 3-4 defense is one of the most commonly used defenses. The goal of the defense is for the defensive line to cause stalemates with the offensive line so the LB's and can roam and make the plays. To run the 3-4 defense, you would want to have a solid linebacking core. All Lb's overall 86 or higher. When I run the 34 D, I like to use UNC. In my opinion they have the best defense besides Alabama. Not only does UNC have a good linebacking core, they also have a great d line, and there Secondary is good too.

3-4 Normal Formation:
OLB Dogs Fire
setup: Pinch & Crash line.
This is a good blitz to contain scrambling qbs. This play won't usually sack the qb. It just prevents the qb from running around and stay in the pocket and pass the ball. This play would be good containing tyrelle pryor or tyrod taylor. I wouldn't recommend trying this play against ryan mallet, andrew luck, or any pocket passing qb.

MLB Storm Blitz
setup: bring lb's into a gap/b gap.
This is a blitz to force out pocket passing qbs. This play is a very good blitz coming from the middle. With the 2 blitzing lbs, the qb will be forced to scramble out of the pocket and try to make a throw on the run. This is opposite of OLB Dogs Fire, and you wouldn't want to use this to try to contain an athletic qb, more so as I said before for those pocket passers.

2 Man Under
setup: spy defensive tackle(UNC's case Marvin Austin)
This is one of my favorite coverage plays in the game. With man strongly improved, I run this play a lot. I user the lb in the zone and patrol the middle. 2 Man Under takes away the deep throws because of the 2 deep safeties, and I take away the underneath with the LB. If you just patrol the middle most people online won't throw to where you are, so they'll be forced to throw to the outside, and that's when it's time to ball hawk.

Cover 2
setup: show blitz
One of the most effective zones in the game. Takes away the deep ball as well as the short underneath passes. In this zone, the bottom lb's drop into purple zone coverages and most zones don't have this. The purple zones take away crossing routes, forcing your opponent to throw deep. I like using this play on passing downs in the red zone.

Trio Whip Man
setup: shift d line to the left, then crash them to the left. Shift lb's to the right.
I like this blitz because I can get good pressure with it. And if you reblitz your safety in the blue zone, can get serious pressure. I like using this play on 3 and forever, because it gets pressure and it makes my opponent throw the ball when he isn't comfortable.

to see the rest register at http://ncaahitsquad.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »