Home

Determining a conference champion

This is a discussion on Determining a conference champion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Determining a conference champion

I am in an online dynasty and finished in a three way tie for the Pac-10 title. All three teams (Arizona, Cal, and Washington) went 1-1 against each other. Below is the order of finish in the BCS...

Washington #6
Cal #7
Arizona #12

Arizona was awarded the Pac-10 and the trip to the Rose Bowl. Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Determining a conference champion

PAC-10 tiebreakers... No idea if the game properly follow this though...

b. Multiple-Team Ties.

(1) When three or more teams are tied in Conference play, if one has defeated all others, it shall be the Rose Bowl representative. If that is not the case, a comparison of the tied teams' records against the other tied teams shall be made and the team having the best record against the other tied teams shall be the Rose Bowl representative. If two or more teams are still tied after this comparison, the appropriate two-team or multiple-team tie-breaking procedures shall be repeated among those teams still under consideration.

(2) If more than two teams are still tied after the process above is completed, each remaining tied team's record against the team occupying the highest position in the final regular season standings shall be compared, with the procedure continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, each team's collective record against the tied teams as a group shall be used.

If at any point in the process the multiple-team tie is reduced to two teams, the two-team tie-breaking procedure shall be applied.

If more than two teams are still tied after comparing their records all the way through the Conference standings, the team among the tied teams with the highest ranking in the final BCS standings shall be the Rose Bowl representative.

If a tie remains, the teams most recently earning Rose Bowl or Bowl Championship Series automatic selection shall be eliminated.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

This makes me mad because I guess the BCS likes to screw Cal out of a Rose Bowl birth in real life and in the game. I am refering to when Cal won the Pac-10 but Texas went to the rosebowl instead of Cal
Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears7
This makes me mad because I guess the BCS likes to screw Cal out of a Rose Bowl birth in real life and in the game. I am refering to when Cal won the Pac-10 but Texas went to the rosebowl instead of Cal
That is because the Pac-10 champ (USC) went to the BCS title game thus the Rose Bowl has the option to take an at-large team ranked in the BCS.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddScreamer
I am in an online dynasty and finished in a three way tie for the Pac-10 title. All three teams (Arizona, Cal, and Washington) went 1-1 against each other. Below is the order of finish in the BCS...

Washington #6
Cal #7
Arizona #12

Arizona was awarded the Pac-10 and the trip to the Rose Bowl. Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks.
i think EA program it so that point differential between the 3 teams is the tiebreaker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10

They (EA) use alphabetical order to determine conference champions for 3 way ties.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
Rookie

quite possibly that is true.

my dynasty Oregon, Stanford and Washington all finished 8-1 in Pac-10 play (Oregon bt Washington, Stanford bt Oregon and Washington bt Stanford).

admittedly Oregon did have the highest BCS ranking of the 3 so the tiebreaker procedure, whatever it was, did produce the correct Rose Bowl rep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »