Home

A couple little things I miss in last gen NCAA

This is a discussion on A couple little things I miss in last gen NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: A couple little things I miss in last gen NCAA

Neutral Site games. Would be nice to Schedule a big OOC game at a neutral site
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 12:45 AM   #26
Rookie

canes8301's Arena

OVR: 4

I miss being able to see where your team ranks in all the stats categories on one screen.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #27

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes8301
I miss being able to see where your team ranks in all the stats categories on one screen.
Good call on this. Right now, all we see are totals. It was great to see the per game breakdowns and your rank on the stat menu rather than just game to game.

The problem with it only being exposed on the game previews is that at the end of the year, there is no way to see where you rank without going through a long process.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-09-2010, 06:38 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
- off field issues (should be a rating)/suspensions only because it does happen quiet a bit in real life
Not going to happen, the NCAA wont let them do it.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #29
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Good call on this. Right now, all we see are totals. It was great to see the per game breakdowns and your rank on the stat menu rather than just game to game.

The problem with it only being exposed on the game previews is that at the end of the year, there is no way to see where you rank without going through a long process.
Yes. HUGE. Stats are a BIG part of any sports game player's experience and not being able to easily see your averages on the stats screens is terrible.

Also lastgen let you look at stats by team, as opposed to by category, so you could see where your team stood on many stat levels on a couple screens. I used to consult that all the time.

Also didn't lastgen feature GPA for players? You knew a guy with a high GPA would have better awareness.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #30
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

1) Homefield advantage - I know it's still in there, but I personally liked how they did it in their first iteration best. It really brought me into the game when the third down plays would rock the screen, shake the controller, and drown out the announcers. It really had no place in online play though.

2) Historic teams - Again, I know you can see them in teambuilder, but there's only 12 slots. Now that they finally have all the proper playbooks like the run and shoot and the Option, this would be a much more fun mode.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #31
Banned

cr00v's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
My two: Spring Game & Summer drills.

It helped make the off-season feel more like an off-season and perhaps with the Summer Drills, the extremely low recruit ratings that existed out of the box would make more sense.
Hell yeah spring game!

Everything people have mentioned, this should be stickied for EA to read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #32
Banned

cr00v's Arena

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I'd also love to see the training results & manually assign my impact players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawg9
Although the spring game bored me, I miss that and also medical redshirts. I actually never liked the drills though. I always felt it was too easy to boost the players rating doing that. I understand that was the point, but when you can improve a player's speed from 88 to 94 in one training session, that isn't cool to me.
and this ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamael
custom playbooks!
We don't need custom playbooks. Players will exploit the AI and create too many cheeseplays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
Homefield advantage - I know it's still in there, but I personally liked how they did it in their first iteration best. It really brought me into the game when the third down plays would rock the screen, shake the controller, and drown out the announcers. It really had no place in online play though.
^ Yes, this as well. But it shouldn't mess up the WR routes if you call a hot route while the crowd is going crazy. That doesn't happen in real life, it messes up the entire play, and usually results in a punt. If they're going to give this back to us, they need to at least make it more rare...

Last edited by cr00v; 10-09-2010 at 04:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »