Home

Trailing a school by -1 in recruiting

This is a discussion on Trailing a school by -1 in recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Trailing a school by -1 in recruiting

Does anyone know exactly what this means?

I am currently in week 7 and I am in a battle for a 4-star player. Right now, I am in second place behind Southern Miss and both of our meters are green and full. Does the -1 mean we are tied and the game just has no way of representing a tie? Or does this mean that no matter what I do, I cannot pass Southern Miss?

I have seen this happen in the case of trailing on a player's list in which he has given a "soft verbal"to a school, but this is not the case here.

I've been throwing the full 60 minutes at him and taking away points from USM every chance I get and have trailed by as much as -200 and now it is down to this -1.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Trailing a school by -1 in recruiting

usually the game rounds the numbers off, I think -1 means your tied, but the recruit still prefers the other school. it doesn't mean there is no chance to get him though.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

yeah if you really want him, keep throwing 60 minutes at him and hope for a x2 or pitches that you're good at.

I've had this happen quite often and been at -1 for about 4 or 5 weeks. If you have a recruiting visit come up, that can help as well.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti_2009
yeah if you really want him, keep throwing 60 minutes at him and hope for a x2 or pitches that you're good at.

I've had this happen quite often and been at -1 for about 4 or 5 weeks. If you have a recruiting visit come up, that can help as well.
He actually just visited, this is what got me to -1. Three weeks ago, I was at -200, then it went down to -160, then to -100 prior to the visit. The visit got me to -1.

I am in week 7 and he is scheduled to visit Southern Miss in week 12 (coincidentally, against my team).

Also of note, USM has not offered him a scholarship yet. In fact, I think I am the only school that has thus far.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
He actually just visited, this is what got me to -1. Three weeks ago, I was at -200, then it went down to -160, then to -100 prior to the visit. The visit got me to -1.

I am in week 7 and he is scheduled to visit Southern Miss in week 12 (coincidentally, against my team).

Also of note, USM has not offered him a scholarship yet. In fact, I think I am the only school that has thus far.
yeah, just keep recruitng him at 60 min and see what happens. If USM offers him a scholarships that could swing him in his favor but if you beat their team when he visits, that could help you as well.

Either way, -1 means you still have a very good chance at getting the guy and it could be a few weeks before he commits either way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Does anyone know exactly what this means?

I am currently in week 7 and I am in a battle for a 4-star player. Right now, I am in second place behind Southern Miss and both of our meters are green and full. Does the -1 mean we are tied and the game just has no way of representing a tie? Or does this mean that no matter what I do, I cannot pass Southern Miss?

I have seen this happen in the case of trailing on a player's list in which he has given a "soft verbal"to a school, but this is not the case here.

I've been throwing the full 60 minutes at him and taking away points from USM every chance I get and have trailed by as much as -200 and now it is down to this -1.
Yeah, it just means it's down to the wire. Throw the whole 60 minutes on him and recruit AGAINST the other team. If you can do that, chances are good that he'll flip and commit to you. I've had that happen in my dynasty a few teams. It's great getting a soft commit to somewhere else decommit and hard commit to you.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Yeah, it just means it's down to the wire. Throw the whole 60 minutes on him and recruit AGAINST the other team. If you can do that, chances are good that he'll flip and commit to you. I've had that happen in my dynasty a few teams. It's great getting a soft commit to somewhere else decommit and hard commit to you.
And it sucks losing your soft commits. I've lost 3 soft commits in my current year of my dynasty.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Think you are in a bit of trouble. Forget scholarship not being offered as they will and players will commit without one as well.
Usually the only sure fire way to turn around a -1 is a visit. Since you have already visited then that's out.
You can try to attack the school but normally i find no matter how much time i spend i just stay -1. By the look of it they are recruiting him reasonable hard as well.
They have also got a visit coming so from this he will soft commit. Then hard commit most likely.
Only bit of hope is that it is against your team, never had this happened, a good win over them may cause him to sway your way.

Unless you really want him/have no other options i would prob not waste to much time on him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »