Home

Simming defense vs. Playing defese: DEBATE

This is a discussion on Simming defense vs. Playing defese: DEBATE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Simming defense vs. Playing defese: DEBATE

Simming defense always seems to result in me winning by like 70. I don't like it.

If I play defense, the CPU scores more because I suck. And as a result the games are more competitive.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
If I play defense, the CPU scores more because I suck. And as a result the games are more competitive.
haha thats awesome. At least your honest....
Old 10-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

I really don't have the deflected balls problem.

My absolute biggest complaint about the game is the broken tackle ratio for running backs.

My running back will have 30 rushing attempts and break 2 tackles.
CPU running back will have 10 rushing attempts and break 7 tackles.

And it doesn't even matter the skill level of the CPU running back. Even his QB breaks a lot of tackles. It's not a matter of the skill level of the players on the field. Any two teams versus each other, whether a great O vs a bad D, great D vs bad O, or anything in between, the CPU players always break significantly more tackles. Their QB on scrambles, their RB on rushes, their WRs after the catch, and even their Punt Returner seems to always break the first tackle. Meanwhile, my running back can be the best player on the field, and have the most touches of all the players on the field, and he'll break a couple of tackles per game, and that's it.

I can't seem to adjust the sliders in anyway that gets anything close to a decent broken tackle ratio. And I'm afraid if I drop the CPU's slider any more, the CPU will just be fumblerooski all day long, and that's not really fun either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #12
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

i feel the cpu running backs break enough tackles to make up for some of the poor lane decisions they make though it would be nice to be able to do the same things the cpu does regarding broken tackles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr00v
maybe you should start sitting in the pocket and reading the defense

just a thought
You're right of course! Why didn't I think of such an obvious solution! Every Sunday I see dozens of linebackers leaping into the air swatting down passes meant to fly over their heads towards receivers an additional 20 yards down the field! Hell, why not have more no look swats by defensive backs! Obviously, this game is perfect, and can not have any flaws or imperfections for users who are not gods with controllers like yourself. Of course that earlier statement was simply a declaration that I am terrible at a video game I never claimed to be good at especially when using Western Kentucky, and that asking for something to be tuned down because the great people at EA have decided only they should be in control of such mechanics is clearly misguided. Let me just quit my job and begin playing this game non-stop everyday so I can begin to approach your otherworldliness at football video games! ( I do stay in the pocket when I can, but the offensive line for season 2 of Western Kentucky is pretty terrible. My pocket passing freshman quarterback with 75ish throw power and accuracy is doing the best he can. Personally, I would like tighter coverage with more tackles, less yac, better throwing arcs, and more missed deflections.)
Old 10-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #13
Banned

This is exactly a problem i have on the game. If i sim defense i have about a 100 times better chance of a stop then i do playing myself.

I decided to play defense an entire game against D overall team Bowling Green in my teambuilder dynasty and their 65 overall qb completed 87% of his passes for 405 yards and 5 TD with my DBs chasing their slower wrs from 15 yards away on almost every play. I actually got one stop when i simmed a series. They went 3 and out and it proved to be the difference, 49-42 i won.

I also play on heisman with no slider changes
Old 10-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams

I also play on heisman with no slider changes
this was the point i was trying to make. i dont think its cheating or a way of having an upside against the CPU to sim defense. to me, it takes away all of the BS of the CBs turning into stevie wonders.. blind as a bat. its as if the second they turn their back, the CPU WRs slant and are WIDE open with like a 15 yard radius. even doubling receivers doesnt matter... both of your defenders turn stupid dumb ********. the only way to play defense with any sense of enjoyment is to recruit very well on defense. i slant my defensive line one way and hot route them to cross to the inside and blitz with my SS most plays. its either a quick pass from the QB or a sack. if you let the CPU qb sit in the pocket, almost 100% of the time its a completion to a wide open WR. its frustrating..
Old 10-15-2010, 04:20 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I sim defense when I'm way ahead OR when I'm playing a scrub team that I know I'll blow out. Often, if I play defense versus these teams, I end up with ridiculous amounts of pressure/turnovers, so simming gives them a chance to occasionally do something.

I also sim most ST plays because... well... ST suck. I return my own kicks/punts (unless I've just simmed till change of possession)

edit: I also sim defense if I'm wanting to just slam out several games in a short time period. I do this sometimes. But I always play offense since the computer won't sim realistic stats for an option offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »