Home

Anyone see the AI use hard counts on a regular basis

This is a discussion on Anyone see the AI use hard counts on a regular basis within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Anyone see the AI use hard counts on a regular basis

I rarely see them use the hard count. It seems like I used to, but not any more. I had been seeting my line to aggressive thinking it would help generate a few encroachment penalties, but I never see them anymore. I can get the AI to jump, but feel like its cheese if I draw them offsides if they don't try to do it to me.

Anyone who sees the AI use hard counts, can you please tell me what penalty sliders you are using and if you adjust D-line play. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone see the AI use hard counts on a regular basis

I see it and I am using SECelites AA sliders. I think the D encroachment is on 50.

Problem is, I am the one that jumps most of the time...not the rest of my DL's but I definitely do see the CPU using hard counts.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I see it every now and then. But usually only when they are trying to run the clock out and I'm blitzing.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I almost never see the CPU do it. When the game first came out, using hard counts was a sure way to get false start called on yourself, and I NEVER saw defensive offside. So I tweaked the sliders to fix it. After patch #3 they must have fixed something because if you use hard count the CPU will jump offsides constantly, so I had to readjust those settings. To compensate for the CPU's lack of hard counts I don't set my lineman to aggressive. Seems like too much reward for no risk.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I almost never see the CPU do it. When the game first came out, using hard counts was a sure way to get false start called on yourself, and I NEVER saw defensive offside. So I tweaked the sliders to fix it. After patch #3 they must have fixed something because if you use hard count the CPU will jump offsides constantly, so I had to readjust those settings. To compensate for the CPU's lack of hard counts I don't set my lineman to aggressive. Seems like too much reward for no risk.
Thats what I am seeing too. So I will have to make some adjustments. In many ways this game has been a fiasco. Penalty sliders that don't work, things that were fine were broken with tuners, the recruiting getting borked because the AI recruits 8 QB's. This game wuill be a coaster before long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

They usually hard count when they're cheesing the clock with 4 and half minutes left in the 4th... Very annoying.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Never see it. I can jump the snap almost every play. They need to have variable QB's. Oregon's quick snaps. Pittsburgh use all of the clock etc....
Old 10-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I see them occasionally. Usually after I jump maybe 5 snaps the AI will either delay the snap off of it's usual "pre-determined" routine or give me a hard count.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »