Home

Position Changes and Depth Chart Crossover

This is a discussion on Position Changes and Depth Chart Crossover within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #9
Rookie

Sori's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Position Changes and Depth Chart Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Yeah I have one of these QB/kickers too. Weird that this is so common.
Nothing weird about it. It is very common in High School for a teams K or P to play another position. Most of time, the best athlete on a team has the best leg too.

EA misses stuff like this in game. VERY few college players were limited to one position in High School, the best players, ie. Div 1 prospects usually play both sides of the ball... But in game hardly any of the players show any sign of this.

No Lineman on either side of the ball show any skill whatsoever on the opposite line. Hardly any wideouts have any cover skills.. etc etc etc.

Frankly I'm surprised they got it right with kicking skills considering they missed it with all the other skills.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #10

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sori
Nothing weird about it. It is very common in High School for a teams K or P to play another position. Most of time, the best athlete on a team has the best leg too.

EA misses stuff like this in game. VERY few college players were limited to one position in High School, the best players, ie. Div 1 prospects usually play both sides of the ball... But in game hardly any of the players show any sign of this.

No Lineman on either side of the ball show any skill whatsoever on the opposite line. Hardly any wideouts have any cover skills.. etc etc etc.

Frankly I'm surprised they got it right with kicking skills considering they missed it with all the other skills.
Somehow I don't think this was done purposely by EA the way you describe it. I do agree with what you're saying, but I don't think this was intentionally done.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sori

Actually EA does an outstanding job with this. Check out

http://www.pocketscout.site90.com/files/BigList.xlsx

This file contains three recruiting classes. But there a many defensive players who are very good at offensive positions and many defensive players who can play on the offensive side of the ball. It is not nearly as limit as you may think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Arkansas' Ryan Mallett isn't exactly the back-up punter, but they do have plays designed (and they've run it once this season) where it's a situation where the team might believable go for it on 4th down (like, too far too kick a FG, but too close to punt), where Mallett lines up in a pistol/shotgun, takes the snap, and then punts it.

The one time they ran it in the game, the ball bounced inside the 5, and then just barely crossed the line of scrimmage.

A lot of quarterbacks have some amount of kicking/punting experience. And why?

Punt, Pass, & Kick competitions. When they were little, they trained for all three for these competitions, so at some point in time, they learned how to properly punt/kick a football (likewise, often times punters/kickers serve as an emergency back-up QB for the same reason).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »