Home

Run n shoot to air raid or maybe a hybrid :D

This is a discussion on Run n shoot to air raid or maybe a hybrid :D within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon2 Run n shoot to air raid or maybe a hybrid :D

I am running with SMU playbook right now. Over at Utopia it says that TT playbook isn't the purest of the Air Raid offense. What playbook is PURE Air raid? or What playbooks has the mix of of both like a hybrid?

Thanks,

John
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

Re: Run n shoot to air raid or maybe a hybrid :D

40 views and no hits....sad for a pass loving forum.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

hm, have you ever tried mtsu's playbook? I'm not sure what a "pure Air Raid" offense is, but I do know that they only use shotgun formations, nothing else.

The "problem" with the Air Raid is that it's more about running basic plays from different formations than running multiple routes like the RnS is. If you take a look at this and scroll to see what Coach Bindel says, he explains the basic plays of the Air Raid Offense.

Hope that helps ya!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Ronizzle's Arena

OVR: 2

Fresno St and Iowa St also only have shotgun formations. Maybe one other set, but I'm pretty sure it's just Shotgun and Goal Line with them.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:29 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 34

The Air Raid is built off a small package of basic route concepts, run from a million different sets.
Its based off of the West Coast Offense in that regard.

1) "Pure" Air Raid

BYU: Lavelle Edwards/Norm Chow invented the offense.

Play book doesnt deviate away from the core concepts.

Can be run from a wide variety of Shotgun sets, as well as a single back, and I formation package

-Perfect for learning the offense, for a young team in dynasty mode, and rebuilding or non power program.

Texas Tech: Mike Leach built off of what BYU established, adding bubble screens, option routes, and a more of a shotgun influence

2) Run Air Raid

Arizona: good under center sets and power running formations, for when the shotgun game isnt clicking

3) Spread Air Raids

Houston, Oklahoma State, La tech, Troy, ECU

--Built off of the basics, but with a spread offense influence..fancying it up some with wildcat formations, option routes, speed options, WR Sweeps, and more vertical concepts.

4) The Raid and Shoot

Middle Tennessee State

--The Air Raid/Run and Shoot Hybrid

Strays the furthest from the basic.

Lots of 4 wide-1 TE and 5 WR trips and bunch sets..Tons of deep, multiple, downfield routes, and Run & Shoot style switch, drag-post combo, and flood concepts.

Running game very limited.

Hard book to learn, because it can get a bit overwhelming at times due to so much stuff going on.

If you arent going to commit to throwing the ball 40+ times a game, I wouldnt bother with it.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 10-22-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
hm, have you ever tried mtsu's playbook? I'm not sure what a "pure Air Raid" offense is, but I do know that they only use shotgun formations, nothing else.

The "problem" with the Air Raid is that it's more about running basic plays from different formations than running multiple routes like the RnS is. If you take a look at this and scroll to see what Coach Bindel says, he explains the basic plays of the Air Raid Offense.

Hope that helps ya!
What I have heard that is a scary playbook to run lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronizzle
Fresno St and Iowa St also only have shotgun formations. Maybe one other set, but I'm pretty sure it's just Shotgun and Goal Line with them.
I may have to look at them thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
The Air Raid is built off a small package of basic route concepts, run from a million different sets.

1) "Pure" Air Raid

Can be run from a wide variety of Shotgun sets, as well as a single back, and I formation package

-Perfect for learning the offense, for a young team in dynasty mode, and rebuilding or non power program.

Texas Tech: Mike Leach built off of what BYU established, adding bubble screens, option routes, and a more of a shotgun influence

2) Run Air Raid

Arizona: good under center sets and power running formations, for when the shotgun game isnt clicking

3) Spread Air Raids

--Built off of the basics, but with a spread offense influence..fancying it up some with wildcat formations, option routes, speed options, WR Sweeps, and more vertical concepts.

4) The Raid and Shoot

Middle Tennessee State

Lots of 4 wide-1 TE and 5 WR trips and bunch sets..Tons of deep, multiple, downfield routes, and Run & Shoot style switch, drag-post combo, and flood concepts.

Hard book to learn, because it can get a bit overwhelming at times due to so much stuff going on.

If you arent going to commit to throwing the ball 40+ times a game, I wouldnt bother with it.
GREAT POST!!! THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! +1
Old 10-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

From my experience, the playbook isn't really difficult to learn. As Coach Bindel, from that link in my first post, points out, the Air Raid is all about running a few core plays from a ton of formations. So, as long as you can get those core plays down, it's really a quite easy playbook to learn.

The big problem is that you have to rely heavily on your OL to block long enough for you to go through your progression down field.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31

1) "Pure" Air Raid

2) Run Air Raid

3) Spread Air Raids

4) The Raid and Shoot

Middle Tennessee State

Wow!

Very informative post...thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »