Home

is this cheese/unrealistic game play or am i just crazy

This is a discussion on is this cheese/unrealistic game play or am i just crazy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14
is this cheese/unrealistic game play or am i just crazy

i think this is cheesy/unrealistic but i want yall opinion

is it cheesy or unrealistic to only throw to you te, slot wr(s), and running backs out the backfield or after he is motioned as a wr. also is it cheesy to only run about 10 to 15 plays on offense and defense the majority of those 15 offensive plays are slants and posts up the middle

my friend does this everytime we play and his answer is i am just running my offense why handcuff me. but when your #3 and #4 wr ur te and rb leads the team in recptions and yds and your number 1 wr has not had a ball thrown his way all game but yet the number 2 wr has 3 catches for 25 yds. somethins not right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: is this cheese/unrealistic game play or am i just crazy

Not really cheese. It's just the way this game plays. I regularly have more passes to my TEs and slot WRs, simply because it's easier to pass to them than to the receivers running routes by the sidelines. The only way I can really get my #1 and #2 involved is with slants and screens.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

what about only running 10 to 15 plays because these plays are pretty much automatc every time
Old 10-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

15 plays is a lot compared to people who actually cheese. I've played people who run one play over and over. That's cheesing.

Also, as already mentioned, most people stick to their TE, 3rd and 4th WRs because they are open a majority of the time. If a guy is trying to beat me in the flats, I will hot route defensive ends to the flats. That doesn't work all the time but it can. You can do that or man up on the running back yourself.

If you want to contain the slot WRs, play as your MLB and command the center of the field. Use the defensive hot routes if a guy is attacking the same part of the field. The minute you start taking away what he is used to doing -- he will get frustrated.

Don't be afraid to hot route all of your defensive linemen into pass coverage -- just make sure you keep an eye on the QB if he's mobile and I've found it's a good idea to keep at least one guy rushing the QB.

Stopping the slants, drags and posts over the middle is all about containing it yourself. The computer isn't going to do a good job of it. Try to find ways to get pressure quickly. Also make sure that you have defensive backs or fast linebackers covering tight ends or slot receivers, otherwise they will get destroyed in man coverage.

Last edited by 14straight; 10-22-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah 15 plays is a lot. Should he have to arbitrarily run the whole playbook just to make it easier for you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
i think this is cheesy/unrealistic but i want yall opinion

is it cheesy or unrealistic to only throw to you te, slot wr(s), and running backs out the backfield or after he is motioned as a wr. also is it cheesy to only run about 10 to 15 plays on offense and defense the majority of those 15 offensive plays are slants and posts up the middle

my friend does this everytime we play and his answer is i am just running my offense why handcuff me. but when your #3 and #4 wr ur te and rb leads the team in recptions and yds and your number 1 wr has not had a ball thrown his way all game but yet the number 2 wr has 3 catches for 25 yds. somethins not right.
Doesn't sound like cheese to me.

Are you playing alot of cover2 man? Your friends offense in the correct offense to use if the defense plays nothing but cover2man.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not cheese because you can counter it. Cheese plays can not be countered
Old 10-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #8
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Did you watch the Oregon/UCLA game last night? Nothing is cheese in NCAA anymore!

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »